10 Year Old Girl Drowns In Jomtien..................

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya People: April 29th 2007

Ten Year Old Girl Drowned at Jomtien Beach

On 26th April a ten year old girl drowned on Jomtien beach, in front of Sigma Resort. At the scene Pattaya Police Chief, Police Colonel Sutin Sappuang and his team was already there ordering divers to find the girl.

Mr. and Mrs. Thanawet both aged 30, stated that the girl is their 10 year old daughter; Miss Anitchaya.

On that day they and their relatives came to visit Pattaya for the weekend. While they were on the beach Miss Anitchaya went down to swim with the other children by renting a swimming ring as she was a poor swimmer.

Somehow whilst in the water, the girl slipped from the swimming ring and drowned. Her parents stated that they heard her scream for help but before they could reach her, she sunk under the water and after a desperate search no one could find her so they quickly called the police.

It took the police about half an hour before they found the little girl lying at the bottom of the water so quickly took her to shore.

Her body was taken to the hospital and religious proceedings will then be made by her relatives.

SOURCE: Pattaya People: April 29th 2007

Ten Year Old Girl Drowned at Jomtien Beach

On 26th April a ten year old girl drowned on Jomtien beach, in front of Sigma Resort. At the scene Pattaya Police Chief, Police Colonel Sutin Sappuang and his team was already there ordering divers to find the girl.

Mr. and Mrs. Thanawet both aged 30, stated that the girl is their 10 year old daughter; Miss Anitchaya.

On that day they and their relatives came to visit Pattaya for the weekend. While they were on the beach Miss Anitchaya went down to swim with the other children by renting a swimming ring as she was a poor swimmer.

Somehow whilst in the water, the girl slipped from the swimming ring and drowned. Her parents stated that they heard her scream for help but before they could reach her, she sunk under the water and after a desperate search no one could find her so they quickly called the police.

It took the police about half an hour before they found the little girl lying at the bottom of the water so quickly took her to shore.

Her body was taken to the hospital and religious proceedings will then be made by her relatives.

Very tragic but also irresponsible behaviour from the parents.

With 2 inflatable arm-rings (and/or an inflatable body-life jacket) it's almost impossible to drown but a swimming ring is dangerous, especially if the girl was a poor swimmer.

But very tragic indeed.

LaoPo

My 6 year old step daughter is learning to swim. Where can I buy her some arm bands ?

At the moment she wears an inflatable ring and doesn't really want an inflatable jacket.

I've looked in Big C and Tescos and they don't have them.

My 6 year old step daughter is learning to swim. Where can I buy her some arm bands ?

At the moment she wears an inflatable ring and doesn't really want an inflatable jacket.

I've looked in Big C and Tescos and they don't have them.

Kurgen - don't know in Pattaya, but Jomtien - Dongtan Beach - as you arrive at the police post and small car park - there are several tourist-type shops with loads of useless junk on sale, but also arm-bands and rings, buckets and spades, so on.

My wife wanted to buy a ring, I said "No" and bought arm-bands. Usual drama then - wife wouldn't let daughter wear arm-bands. Compromise - went back and bought ring. Daughter wore both ring and arm-bands - discarded ring after an hour. Peace reigned.

Should anything happen, especially if unconscious or in a panic after swallowing water , the arm bands are useless, body sinks, the arms raise up, mouth and nose are under water, arm bands will sometimes also slip off. They also make swimming difficult.

Edited by Tony Clifton