Snake warning issued as king cobra caught in Rawai

rooster59

Snake warning issued as king cobra caught in Rawai

By Tanyaluk Sakoot

1601721595_1.jpg

Rescue workers at Rawai Municipality warned of snakes on the move after catching a king cobra at a local resident’s home yesterday (Oct 2). Photo: Rawai Municipality

PHUKET: Rescue workers at Rawai Municipality are urging people to beware snakes around their homes after a king cobra nearly three metres long was safely caught at a local resident’s home yesterday (Oct 2).

Rescue workers from the Rawai office of the Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation (DDPM-Rawai) were called to a in Soi Naya 3, Rawai, yesterday afternoon.

At the home, the rescue team caught the snake out of a bamboo bench outside of the house, where the cobra was last seen hiding, and soon had it safely contained.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/snake-warning-issued-as-king-cobra-caught-in-rawai-77535.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-10-03

We're in Florida since we have been unable to get back to Bangkok, and no cobras here........only these bad boys.  Snapped this pic two nights ago out walking the dog.   Nasty cottonmouth.   I never go out at night without the flashlight, and this guy is one reason why.

image.png.80f6207ef73b96c9ba3350c61c78ba9e.png

• Like 2

6 hours ago, madisongy said:

We're in Florida since we have been unable to get back to Bangkok, and no cobras here........only these bad boys.  Snapped this pic two nights ago out walking the dog.   Nasty cottonmouth.   I never go out at night without the flashlight, and this guy is one reason why.

image.png.80f6207ef73b96c9ba3350c61c78ba9e.png

Like you. I always carry a torch here in Thailand. Some time back I went out to my outside workshop and there were three Malayan Pit Vipers lying by my bench. Without the torch I think I would have been on the receiving end of a nasty suck.

11 hours ago, Gandtee said:

Sorry about the pic quality. 1997. A 10 feet long King Cobra in my garden in Sattahip. Sadly I lacked the present day knowledge about capturing snakes and it was dispatched then eaten by the locals. But a lifetime experience for my ten year old grandson here on a visit. Not many have the chance to see a King Cobra in their lifetime.

Snapshot_20201005.JPG

Looks alot longer than 10 feet!