Snake warning issued as king cobra caught in Rawai

rooster59

10 hours ago, steelepulse said:

One of my dogs got bit by a giant king cobra a few months back.  The vet had some anti venom, but they had to call around to other vet offices to find more.  Luckily the dog survived the three separate bites, but it took a something like 15 vials.  He was in a coma for a couple of days, but he came out of it and is now fine.

where vets please ? What province ?

So they captured this Cobra and then let it loose again so he can come back and bite someone else's ass...! ????

Maybe they should make spicy Issan stir fry out of this one who knows the way to people's home...????

22 minutes ago, Agusts said:

So they captured this Cobra and then let it loose again so he can come back and bite someone else's ass...! ????

Maybe they should make spicy Issan stir fry out of this one who knows the way to people's home...????

Actually, the king cobra are good to have around. 

Their diet is other cobras and venomous snakes. 

So you could choose to have 1 large easily seen king cobra, or no king cobra and hundreds od small, easily stepped on venomous snakes like vipers and cobras. 

The king cobra is actually getting to be an endangered species now as it's habitat is destroyed and people are quick to kill them.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

So you could choose to have 1 large easily seen king cobra, or no king cobra and hundreds od small, easily stepped on venomous snakes like vipers and cobras. 

The king cobra is actually getting to be an endangered species now as it's habitat is destroyed and people are quick to kill them.

I agree. Sadly ignorance is bliss. 

5 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Haha, it's good to have a King Cobra around...!!!? Right, I should take your word for it.... ????, you should volunteer to collect a few for your place..., I bet they make great pets... ????

2 hours ago, Agusts said:

Haha, it's good to have a King Cobra around...!!!? Right, I should take your word for it.... ????, you should volunteer to collect a few for your place..., I bet they make great pets... ????

No...they are wild animals not pets.????

I would prefer one of them in the neighbourhood rather than lots of vipers, common cobra and other venomous snakes that are easy not to see and step on..or that hide in shoes or household items. 

Can't miss a huge king cobra if it slithers into your house.....and they are actually far less likely to go into houses than the other kinds of snake I mentioned. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Agusts said:

There are plenty of things that worries me in Phuket...........King Cobra`s isn`t one of them.