Top zoo official shot dead while probing missing albino barking deer

rooster59

I would like to know if there were any witness's to the shootings, this could be a double murder, suicided is always an excuse to avoid an investigation, Oh my god is this a conspiracy get the pop corn in. R.I.P. to a guy doing his job who could expose corruption.

3 hours ago, 4737 Carlin said:

The missing deer was probably illegally sold to a rich Chinese businessman. They seem to think eating rare and endangered animals will give them superpowers.

Muntjacs are not rare or endangered, they are very common indeed. There's even thousands in the UK wandering around after some escaped from a private zoo nearly a century ago. There's loads of wallabies in the UK too for the same reason.

I  think this shows how deadly serious the illegal wildlife trade in Thailand is......it's on a par with drugs and people smuggling.

The government of course raise their hands in horror....but any real action is unlikely to manifest itself.

Expect an announcement from some senior official telling other officials to "make sure they do their job"

Edited by Airbagwill
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, stouricks said:

Yep, can someone explain how the fact he was looking for an ALBINO deer, alledgedly swallowed by a python 6 months ago, has anything to do with a pi..ed off member of his staff shooting him and then himself. 

Well, I guess the guy who shot him was the one who let the deer disappear and the guy caught onto him so he got rid of him?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Elkski said:

How stupid  .   Since when is zoo director a dangerous job?

Most of the Wildlife and environmental jobs in Thai government are considered backwater, deadens jobs. The only thing to do is shuffle paper or get tempted by corruption.

From Rangers to the top the whole thing needs to be taken more seriously.

2 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

I  think this shows how deadly serious the illegal wildlife trade in Thailand is......it's on a par with drugs and people smuggling.

The government of course raise their hands in horror....but any real action is unlikely to manifest itself.

Expect an announcement from some senior official telling other officials to "make sure they do their job"

correct .... money was made out of that deer and the new guy investigating had to go .... it's not rocket science ...  !!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, steven100 said:

just goes to show the length's some will go to get satifaction ....

Yes, and although there is a gun problem in Thailand, didn't realise that it had go so bad that even the albino barking deer are armed, I am on the side of the deer though, do you think its their white skin that causes the unwanted attention?