EU, UK to step up Brexit talks to try to close 'significant gaps' over trade deal

rooster59

On 10/16/2020 at 1:46 PM, 3NUMBAS said:

Farage rages after violent French attack against UK boats - 'This is WHY fishing matters!'

BREXITEERS like Nigel Farage have reacted with outrage after French fishing vessels were filmed attacking British boats this week, just as a key Brexit deadline approaches.

By Oli Smith

PUBLISHED: 14:49, Thu, Oct 15, 2020 | UPDATED: 14:50, Thu, Oct 15, 2020

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1348120/Brexit-latest-news-Nigel-Farage-fisheries-Emmanuel-Macron-France-fishing-vn

From that article: "Earlier this week, a dangerous clash erupted between French and British boats off the Normandy coast."

That can't be right; according to @Loiner and others we don't fish in French waters!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

18 hours ago, Loiner said:

Oh hello, back again, where have you been, on holiday or something? 

If you want to quote me in your posts you had better back it up pal. 

Where have I said anything like that? Give us one of those links you rate so highly.

My apologies; my memory played me false.

You didn't actually say that we didn't fish in French waters; you just ignored the devastating effect a no deal Brexit and losing access to those waters would have on a large proportion of UK fishermen.

Although you did in reply to another post say here 

that losing access to French waters would mean "There will be more jobs for British fishermen, not less." Though you were unable to explain how that miracle would be achieved!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 7by7 said:

My apologies; my memory played me false.

You didn't actually say that we didn't fish in French waters; you just ignored the devastating effect a no deal Brexit and losing access to those waters would have on a large proportion of UK fishermen.

Although you did in reply to another post say here 

that losing access to French waters would mean "There will be more jobs for British fishermen, not less." Though you were unable to explain how that miracle would be achieved!

Not so infallible are you? 

I did ignore your predictions of a devastating effect, because they are your old pony. it's just your ongoing Project Fear so not worth commenting on in any detail.

20 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Not so infallible are you? 

I admit to my mistakes and do not consider myself infallible. You should try it sometime.

20 minutes ago, Loiner said:

I did ignore your predictions of a devastating effect, because they are your old pony. it's just your ongoing Project Fear so not worth commenting on in any detail.

Old pony? Project Fear? Your label for all the bad effects of Brexit; deal or no. 

Go on; tell us where those UK inshore fishermen who currently fish in French waters are going to fish if they cannot access French waters.

While you're at it; what about where those UK inshore and deep sea fishermen who fish in UK waters will sell the catch they currently sell to EU countries if those markets are denied them.

Two questions you choose to ignore because you simply cannot answer them and it won't effect you anyway. But two questions of great importance to those who will lose their livelihoods.