UK visitors denied tourist visas

If the STV involves a mandatory 14 day quarantine, then this is clearly discriminatory. If no quarantine or a shortened one, then if UK brings their internal Covid spread under control, i am sure this restriction will be lifted.

• Confused 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Unfortunately for those with British passports it's going to be very difficult to travel anywhere in the near future.

Same as americans / brazilian / indian passports etc.

But Thailand is OFF the list of counties needing quarantine in UK.

5 hours ago, impulse said:

You mean like the UK has been discriminating against Thai people when it comes to needing to jump through hoops to prove they're worthy of a UK visa?

Of course, the UK has special visa exemptions for some countries, just like Thailand has the STV for some countries.  Thai citizens don't qualify under the UK programs, and UK citizens apparently don't qualify under Thailand's STV program.

"Thai citizens don't qualify under the UK programs"

Where did you read this? ThaiIand is on the exemption list, meaning no need for even self-isolation if you arrived after September 19. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fat George said:

NEWS from Barrow: It seems Brits are denied the special tourist visa. Should we now lobby the UK Gov to deny entry to all Thai people?

Why bring Mr Barrow in this story ?

I don't remember seeing him posting such a "news" ??

Without a link this OP looks like fake news :unsure:

4 hours ago, Fat George said:

Just some Sunday morning flippancy. I wasn't being deadly serious. What starts to irk me is how the Chinese are being welcomed with open arms. They being the orchestrators of the the virus in the first place. But we all know why, don't we? 

The Chinese,about 120-126 of them comes from one Chinese region (on a chartered flight) which supposedly has been covid-19 free for several weeks. The thai government said a few days ago that it is an experiment. Do you think 120-126 people is a huge number? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Unfortunately for those with British passports it's going to be very difficult to travel anywhere in the near future.

Same as americans / brazilian / indian passports etc.

Yes, but we could be the first nation with the ability to travel everywhere if we all get vaccinated first. 

A year away from the wife and family is doable, but really grating on me now

11 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Yes, but we could be the first nation with the ability to travel everywhere if we all get vaccinated first. 

A year away from the wife and family is doable, but really grating on me now

I think getting everyone vaccinated and accepted will be a bumpy road.

There's more options of returning to thailand now, apart from the financial aspect it's not that hard. At least you no longer need to rely soley on the repat flights.

24 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Why bring Mr Barrow in this story ?

I don't remember seeing him posting such a "news" ??

Without a link this OP looks like fake news :unsure:

Post No 1 seemingly has a quote from Barrow, but no link, which means it is in violation of forum rules. @Fat George

If someone cares to look for and post the link we can let the topic run, otherwise it needs to be locked or removed.

• Confused 1