Koh Phangan is a lot more than Full Moon Parties

7 hours ago, Tmoney said:

Who's whinging? Not me, it's the Thai tourist industry that has the problems so I am just saying why do the authorities not do more to encourage expats who live here like they are doing for their own?

I have a great life here thanks, and have for almost 20 years - absolutely nothing to complain about ( apart perhaps from the weakness of my own currency against the baht).

Khun Per, you miss my point. All I am trying to point out is that TAT are trying to encourage ANYONE who is in the country to travel and spend money within the hospitality industry which is suffering greatly and would it not be a good choice to include expats who are already here to travel and spend their money in tourist areas as well?

I have no wish to argue my point further, just making a well meaning observation.

You have plenty of possibilities using the discount offers already available for all nationalities, just like other expats. I'm meeting some of them; the other day a British-British expat couple that enjoyed a long weekend in one of Samui's best 5-star resorts, saying to me that it's so cheap now, and when paying for one night, they got one more night for free...????

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If it's so easy why do so many pay agents?

Next.

Not on Samui Immigration, covering Phangan, other and I have never heard about agents here...????

If you have your documentation and paperwork in order, it's a piece of cake to have a 50+ year annual extension of stay, which costs 2,350 baht including health check, bank letter and statement, and immigration fee. Re-entry permit(s) comes on top, if you need to temporary leave Paradise...????

• Like 1

19 hours ago, khunPer said:

If you have your documentation and paperwork in order, it's a piece of cake to have a 50+ year annual extension of stay, which costs 2,350 baht including health check, bank letter and statement, and immigration fee.

Health check, LOL. Not necessary in Chiang Mai ( when I was extending there ), but Chiang Mai has their own version of "let's mess the farang around".

Plenty of agents in C M- must be a reason for that.

Edited by thaibeachlovers