After pandemic, storm dampens tourism hopes in Bang Saen beach

webfact

After pandemic, storm dampens tourism hopes in Bang Saen beach

By The Nation

800_dd988ef6333973e.jpeg?v=1601781558

Scores of tourism operators at Bang Saen beach, one of the most popular tourist attractions in Chonburi province, were left high and dry after a storm hit the province.

The beach wore a deserted look on Saturday despite the weekend holidays. Local tourism is struggling to return to normal since the months-long lockdown after the Covid-19 outbreak.

Local vendors were already handicapped by the social distancing measure, which restricted the beach chairs that could be rented to visitors.

The higher price of the beach chairs, at Bt30 to Bt59, is also making Bang Sean beach less appealing to tourists, according to some observers.  

Masseurs who work nearby said that this year has seen the lowest number of visitors in 15 years due to the pandemic situation and the weather.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/travel/30395577

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-10-05

• Thanks 1

As many years as I have been here, I have always thought that late September and into the middle of October, sometimes even to the end of October were some of the rainiest and wettest months here in Bangkok.  Tourism does take a hit when it rains, because who in there right mind believes that being out and about in a downpour, and singing in the rain like Gene Kelly, was ever a good idea.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The higher price of the beach chairs, at Bt30 to Bt59, is also making Bang Sean beach less appealing to tourists, according to some observers.  

well Jomtien wanted 100 baht for the front beach chairs and table and we ended up back a few rows for 40 baht.  They only have themselves to blame. 

stop ripping off travelers ....   make the prices fairer.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai economics in a depression:  "When the economy goes south, raise prices!" :dry:

• Like 2

21 hours ago, hotchilli said:

They just can't get the message into their heads, stop ripping people off !

Last time I was there with just me and the Mrs, they told me I had to pay for the full set..... 4 loungers and the table!

• Like 1

On 10/5/2020 at 1:29 AM, Kerryd said:

Ah yes, the old "fewer customers means we have to jack up the prices to make up the difference, then wonder why we keep getting even few customers" ploy that has been tried, and has failed, so many times before.

Crazy...see this all the time in Bangkok.....Nana Plaza..empty....small beer (outside) 165B. Asked the mamasan why so much?...Oh we have no customers????