Spouse Visa Requirements.

Hi. Im trying to gather information about their requirements. I read my spouse's house registration paper is required. Does this mean my spouse must own a house or apartment? Also, does the 400,000 baht have to be in her bank account? One sites wording sounded like it can be in my bank account. Last question thats not a question: any advice or information on the police clearance or med cert. would be appreciated. 

Thanks!

• Haha 2

If you are asking about a 12 month extension based on having a Thai Wife.

400,000 baht in YOUR Thai bank for 2 months before applying.

Or 40,000 Baht monthly income.

Wifes Tabbien Baan and ID card. She will be listed somewhere. All Thais are.

Your Wife will have to go with you.

No medicals or police reports needed.

Edited by fishtank
  • Like 1

In addition and depending on the Immigration jurisdiction in which he's claiming domicile, if the OP is not living with his wife at the domicile listed in her Tabbien Baan (blue book), a rental agreement for the property HE is giving as their conjugal address plus the signed copy of the ID card and blue book of the (Thai) landlord/owner of that property or signed copy of the passport of the (non-Thai) landlord/owner of that property.

• Like 2

i think this is ubonjoes basic list

These are general requirements and may vary at different offices.
Unless you are applying at Bangkok you will need 2 sets of copies attached to 2 TM7
application.forms.
Proof of 400k baht in the bank for 2 months by way of a letter from your bank and
your bank book, or 40k baht income. proven by a income letter from your embassy.
Copies of your passport photo page and every page that has any stamp or visa for
Thailand on it. Copy of TM6 departure card.
Marriage certificate and a updated Kor Ror 2 marriage registry (Kor Ror 22 for
foreign marriages)
Copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.
Photos of you and your wife in and around the house. One must show you both with
the house number shown in it. The number of photos needed varies by office.
Map to your residence from the nearest main road or street.
Proof of residence if not living where your wife's house book is for.
Some offices may want witnesses when you apply.

On 10/4/2020 at 4:23 PM, fishtank said:

"Wifes Tabbien Baan and ID card. She will be listed somewhere. All Thais are."

Hi. Thanks for your response. She only has a copy of her fathers blue book and they are out in Kalasin(Esan) and we are out near Lamphun/Chiang Mai area. So Im guessing I will need a copy, like hers, of her father's house book/Tabien Baan?

Thanks again. 

On 10/4/2020 at 4:23 PM, fishtank said:

On 10/6/2020 at 8:15 AM, steve187 said:

"Marriage certificate and a updated Kor Ror 2 marriage registry (Kor Ror 22 for foreign marriages"

Hi. Thanks for your reply. Do you have any supplemental information of this marriage registry, like a link or website? Thanks again for the input. 

CW

• Confused 1

I applied yesterday at Chaengwattana, in addition to the general list i was asked for my TM30, luckily we had this on my wife phone as we do it online and we continued to do these during amnesty although not required. They also require a photocopy of every page of your bank book which we always include, Lastly the sent me away to get a 2nd copy of all supporting documents.

The IO asked a lot about why i had gone for marriage extension over retirement. I told her i am not retired but not working currently due to covid travel restrictions which is correct. She said retirement is easier to get. 

CW was quite busy but efficient the whole process took 3 hours including their lunch hour.

Back on 9th November for their decision.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, racinkc1 said:

Hi. Thanks for your reply. Do you have any supplemental information of this marriage registry, like a link or website? Thanks again for the input. 

CW

It has all the info about your marriage registration when you went to an Amphoe to the registration. They want a updated one as proof you are still married. If divorced their would not be one in their database.

A printout of the Kor Ror 2 marriage registry can be requested at any Amphoe for a fee of 20 baht. Your wife can get it by showing her ID card and completing a form.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2020 at 6:23 AM, fishtank said:

If you are asking about a 12 month extension based on having a Thai Wife.

400,000 baht in YOUR Thai bank for 2 months before applying.

Or 40,000 Baht monthly income.

Wifes Tabbien Baan and ID card. She will be listed somewhere. All Thais are.

Your Wife will have to go with you.

No medicals or police reports needed.

Where I live there are many many more docs required

You can only really know by asking

My office wants

Maps on their formatted papaers

Photos inc wedding  on their formatted 6 pages

Kor Ror 2 dated same day

Bank Book copies

Bank Statement and copies

Bank letter 22 pages in al x  2copies

3 months seasoning  and will only issue in a certain wndow now 24 days prior to expiry I was told as of of yesterrday.I recommend you ask them what they require and be ready to make Kor ror 2 , bank stuff the day the require, luckily my bank is near the Amphoe Office.

Your artner will by law be registered somewhere(sometimes parents home) ask!

Edited by RubbaJohnny
22 typo

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/4/2020 at 6:10 PM, NanLaew said:

In addition and depending on the Immigration jurisdiction in which he's claiming domicile, if the OP is not living with his wife at the domicile listed in her Tabbien Baan (blue book), a rental agreement for the property HE is giving as their conjugal address plus the signed copy of the ID card and blue book of the (Thai) landlord/owner of that property or signed copy of the passport of the (non-Thai) landlord/owner of that property.

So is it safe to say that I don't need her Blue Book, and we need to get her landlord involved because she rents?

4 minutes ago, racinkc1 said:

So is it safe to say that I don't need her Blue Book, and we need to get her landlord involved because she rents?

You don't need her original house book but you do need signed copies of her registration in the house book. That is page one showing the house number and the page she is shown on.

If renting you need a signed copy of the owners house book and ID card with a copy of the rental agreement.

On 10/8/2020 at 1:54 PM, BangkokAlan said:

"They also require a photocopy of every page of your bank book which we always include, Lastly the sent me away to get a 2nd copy of all supporting documents."

Im guessing this is how you prove the 200,000 baht? Plus the letter from the bank back home.

On 10/8/2020 at 1:54 PM, BangkokAlan said:

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You don't need her original house book but you do need signed copies of her registration in the house book. That is page one showing the house number and the page she is shown on.

If renting you need a signed copy of the owners house book and ID card with a copy of the rental agreement.

Im sorry, I'm still a little confused. I understand the 2nd half of your message in regards to if we are renting, which we are. It sounds like we need additional copies of her fathers original house book that has her listed. And who signs it? Her or her father?

Thanks again.  

7 minutes ago, racinkc1 said:

It sounds like we need additional copies of her fathers original house book that has her listed. And who signs it? Her or her father?

You only need the pages of it I mentioned. She can sign the copies.

If she has a problem getting the copies she can go to an Amphoe and request a printout of her house book registry that will be accepted.

• Like 1

OP, your wife should be very familiar with providing copies of her in blue book details, Thais dont get far in life without it. Their ID card and blue book details are required for 99% of things they do. Blue book entry is proof of an official address and required for anything from getting a license to getting a mobile phone.

Often the blue book isn't were they actually live/sleep, often its mum and dads house, and that doesn't  matter.

In the absence of access to blue book copies, then you would look at getting a copy of lease etc

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/25/2020 at 7:29 PM, ubonjoe said:

You only need the pages of it I mentioned. She can sign the copies.

If she has a problem getting the copies she can go to an Amphoe and request a printout of her house book registry that will be accepted.

Whats the story with type "O"  (Thai Family) Visa on the Los Angeles Embassy website? It doesn't list a fraction of the requirements that I would need if I applied in Thailand. No 400,000 TB in Thai Bank. No Tabien Baan. No Maps or photos etc.. I need to come back to Thailand at the end of next year and need to stay for 9 months so I would need the MEV. 

https://thaiconsulatela.org/en/visa/visa-type/non-immigration-visa-category-o/

21 minutes ago, racinkc1 said:

Whats the story with type "O"  (Thai Family) Visa on the Los Angeles Embassy website?

A multiple entry non-o visa allows a 90 day permit to stay. You have to leave the country every 90 days for a new entry.

A extension of stay does not require you leave the country every 90 days. You can get a re-entry permit to keep it valid if you want to travel

• Like 1