Japanese man busted growing ganja in Chiang Mai says: "I have all the paperwork"

webfact

4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Mary Jane is illegal in Thailand.

Doubly so for Farang man. 

I got my Marajuana certificate for 200baht at Clinic near Don Muang ,Sawadee  Clinic , they don’t have flowers yet but if urine tested its Legit 

1 hour ago, LukKrueng said:

Yeepun and kaori are the actual names of those countries in Thai language and therefore a Japanese in Thai is kon yeepun.

The story behind "farang" is that the first westerner to ever visit Thailand was a person named Frank, pronounced by Thais farang, so ever since then all white westerners are referred to as Frank. 

As for Japanese NOT being a racist society.. I think many foreigners who ever lived there would argue to the opposite...

I think the “Frank “ story is absolutely hilarious!  

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Funny guy! What paper work? He is on a tourist visa, and therefore not allowed to do any work. Not even illegal work, little crazy japanese guy.

Not disagreeing with you.  But it's interesting that they specifically mention 4 employees and 2 million baht of investment.  Not hard to believe that he legitimately thought he was legal. 

It would also be interesting to see what paperwork he did have, and where it came from.

BTW,  I'd add...  Nice grow system.  He should teach classes.  Is there a teaching visa available for guys like him with "specialty skills"?  I was never really a dope fiend, but I do remember when Thai Stick was much in demand.  Lots of Thais could use a minimal investment export product with tourism in the dumpster.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, impulse said:

Not disagreeing with you.  But it's interesting that they specifically mention 4 employees and 2 million baht of investment.  Not hard to believe that he legitimately thought he was legal. 

It would also be interesting to see what paperwork he did have, and where it came from.

BTW,  I'd add...  Nice grow system.  He should teach classes.  Is there a teaching visa available for guys like him with "specialty skills"?  I was never really a dope fiend, but I do remember when Thai Stick was much in demand.  Lots of Thais could use a minimal investment export product with tourism in the dumpster.

You are somewhat right. I find it hard to believe, though. To be approved for this kind of production there is a lot of licences and paperwork. He is just taking a chance with a very poor excuse he think will work. NOT! ???? 

Not sure how that would make a 2M baht investment if talking about equipment. A regular company setup with 4 employees would not be too expensive either. So you would then think, that he paid most other money left (1.5M baht at least) for some licensing? 

Maybe he was scammed by some agent but as happened a few times before in CM news, later on people get freed but no update in the news. As far I know only Thais could get such license too, also not sure wether it is allowed to grow indoors.

Edited by ChaiyaTH