Japanese man busted growing ganja in Chiang Mai says: "I have all the paperwork"

webfact

9 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Unless you want to use massive amounts of pesticides, indoor grow is the only way.

Outside, with pesticide spraying (every other day) the weather is only suitable for a November start grow.

October 6th now, monsoon hasn't finished so still can't plant MJ outside.

So a friend tells me ........

yes indoor is always better to control all levels...

so many people grow indoor now in Thailand, I know at least 3 Thai who also know many other Thai doing it !

• Like 2

20 hours ago, scoupeo said:

Who is the snitch who gave him to the rats ?

Depends who you believe.  My friend in wangtan said everyone knew the Jap was a druggie and at least one neighbor complained to authorities many months back. Media reports say RTP was alerted via Japan Gov. which indicates IP tracing and surveilance.

I wonder how they trace IP via twatter?  Folk I know say it's anonymous, can't trace.  Shame that these guys got done as I believe the product was pritty hi Q.

18 hours ago, McTavish said:

Depends who you believe.  My friend in wangtan said everyone knew the Jap was a druggie and at least one neighbor complained to authorities many months back. Media reports say RTP was alerted via Japan Gov. which indicates IP tracing and surveilance.

I wonder how they trace IP via twatter?  Folk I know say it's anonymous, can't trace.  Shame that these guys got done as I believe the product was pritty hi Q.

anybody doing something illegal not using MANY DIFFERENT VPN just deserves to be caught anyway !

how idiot can they be ?

On 10/5/2020 at 4:21 PM, LukKrueng said:

The story behind "farang" is that the first westerner to ever visit Thailand was a person named Frank, pronounced by Thais farang, so ever since then all white westerners are referred to as Frank. 

Really?

I heard every explanation under the sun and by far yours is the one that got the best laugh outta me. Should have that added to the history books...

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/6/2020 at 4:43 PM, scoupeo said:

yes indoor is always better to control all levels...

so many people grow indoor now in Thailand, I know at least 3 Thai who also know many other Thai doing it !

Growing rice indoors, a big success. Told by a friend.

13 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

Growing rice indoors, a big success. Told by a friend.

Agree....but I keep tripping over the pumpkins in the living room and stubbing my toe on the watermelons in the hallway. 

The rice in the bathtub makes bathing difficult. And the buffalo in the kitchen make a noise at night.....keeps me awake.

Edited by jak2002003
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, LazySlipper said:

Really?

I heard every explanation under the sun and by far yours is the one that got the best laugh outta me. Should have that added to the history books...

clearly the guy is a clown !

farang comes from farangset that means french, as the first ones here were french...

3 hours ago, Sambotte said:

Hmm ?

I was pretty sure the origin came from "Français" => Farang-Set

French were around (Laos Cambodia...) first i think that's just why.

That was much later. First foreigner in Thailand was a Dutch around 1600's

• Haha 1

I think it is fairly obvious and quite logical the origin of farang comes from the name Frank based on his travels through the region in biblical times.

Maybe one of the lesser known apostles.

Edited by Thailand
  • Haha 2

On 10/7/2020 at 12:59 AM, Don Chance said:

Marijuana an addictive drug, people are not aware of the side effects until they actually quit and can step back and say woa i was like that?

This guy no doubt suffered from 'impaired judgement.'

Effects_of_marijuana_Pinterest_crop.jpg

At least 6 symptoms on there are rather positive, another 4 realatively harmless. Shall we call it... Fakenews ????????????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/5/2020 at 4:21 PM, LukKrueng said:

Yeepun and kaori are the actual names of those countries in Thai language and therefore a Japanese in Thai is kon yeepun.

The story behind "farang" is that the first westerner to ever visit Thailand was a person named Frank, pronounced by Thais farang, so ever since then all white westerners are referred to as Frank. 

As for Japanese NOT being a racist society.. I think many foreigners who ever lived there would argue to the opposite...

Nobody will ever know the origin of the term as it is most commonly believed that it comes from Farangsed (français/ French ) but as Portuguese were in Thailand prior to the French and this term was already in use ...I doubt this version.

Regarding the "Frank guy", not credible as he surely did not arrive alone in Thailand: other names would have definitely popped up.

I am more inclined to believe that it takes its origin from the time of the Crusades and light-skinned Europeans being referred to as "Franks" (or "Francs" who came later). That would make more sense as Farang is used by quite a few countries.

"I think many foreigners who ever lived there would argue to the opposite..." I second that: Mind you I set foot in Japan 30 years ago, and maybe it has changed since, but never again. I think Japan is prejudiced, not only against Caucasians but every non Japanese.

• Haha 1

On 10/8/2020 at 12:36 PM, LukKrueng said:

That was much later. First foreigner in Thailand was a Dutch around 1600's

Maybe the first that met the court was French, but clearly the word farangset comes from French, anybody with a brain can understand this I think ?

1 hour ago, scoupeo said:

Maybe the first that met the court was French, but clearly the word farangset comes from French, anybody with a brain can understand this I think ?

Farangset IS French. Farang is not farangset.

I guess the story of the first foreigner's name leading to the word farang is an urban legend, and few other members offered another plausible explanation without being @rsholes about it

• Haha 1

On 10/6/2020 at 1:39 AM, ChaiyaTH said:

Not sure how that would make a 2M baht investment if talking about equipment. A regular company setup with 4 employees would not be too expensive either. So you would then think, that he paid most other money left (1.5M baht at least) for some licensing? 

Maybe he was scammed by some agent but as happened a few times before in CM news, later on people get freed but no update in the news. As far I know only Thais could get such license too, also not sure wether it is allowed to grow indoors.

I was thinking the same thing, 2 mil buys a lot of plastic tanks and water pipe. Maybe a few thousand for starter seeds and research materials. ????

I was also thinking about the method, we could set up quite a few rai between the corn and rice seasons. He would get buried by competitors if the permits are ever real. I'll bet there are a few farmers in Issan that are ready to go.

On 10/6/2020 at 7:08 AM, BritManToo said:

Unless you want to use massive amounts of pesticides, indoor grow is the only way.

Outside, with pesticide spraying (every other day) the weather is only suitable for a November start grow.

October 6th now, monsoon hasn't finished so still can't plant MJ outside.

So a friend tells me ........

Wouldn't they be harvesting from about now with the daylight hours getting shorter?Germination would start about 1 month after the shortest day to make use of a long growing season.

21 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

I was thinking the same thing, 2 mil buys a lot of plastic tanks and water pipe. Maybe a few thousand for starter seeds and research materials. ????

I was also thinking about the method, we could set up quite a few rai between the corn and rice seasons. He would get buried by competitors if the permits are ever real. I'll bet there are a few farmers in Issan that are ready to go.

I'm ready to go anytime.Would also like to try growing some industrial hemp for making hempcrete which has the best insulation rating on the planet but I think the cement people who run the country don't like the idea.If they had any brains they would be developing the industry to be world players in the hemp industry instead of feeling threatened,they have plenty of lime which is added to hemp fibre to produce hempcrete and could build cool housing instead of the concrete ovens they build today..They used to use hemp paper for money because of its strength.There are so many products that can be made from hemp it should be illegal not to use it,which actually happened in the US years ago.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

If you're not in a hurry, you only need a few feminised seeds, then clone them.

The most expensive item is lights, he's using expensive LED strips, which is fashion more than purpose.

You can buy the grow lamps on Lazada, 5kbht for an HLG240 which will cover a 2x4 foot grow area.

One ad I looked at had a stock of 10,000 lamps, so it appears to be a popular sales item in Thailand.

He isn't doing ScrOG either, most of these numbnuts don't seem to have a clue about modern grow methods.

Edited by BritManToo

On 10/5/2020 at 2:21 AM, LukKrueng said:

Yeepun and kaori are the actual names of those countries in Thai language and therefore a Japanese in Thai is kon yeepun.

As for Japanese NOT being a racist society.. I think many foreigners who ever lived there would argue to the opposite...

Thats right and Thai people are kon Thai.

No dual pricing , no 10x foreign price in national parks in Japan and you can go anywhere you want if you speak the lingo, or have a japanese friend with you.