Jump to content

Japanese man busted growing ganja in Chiang Mai says: "I have all the paperwork"


Recommended Posts

On 10/21/2020 at 5:51 PM, BritManToo said:

If you're not in a hurry, you only need a few feminised seeds, then clone them.

The most expensive item is lights, he's using expensive LED strips, which is fashion more than purpose.

You can buy the grow lamps on Lazada, 5kbht for an HLG240 which will cover a 2x4 foot grow area.

One ad I looked at had a stock of 10,000 lamps, so it appears to be a popular sales item in Thailand.

 

He isn't doing ScrOG either, most of these numbnuts don't seem to have a clue about modern grow methods.

Seems to me that the old fashioned method works just fine, If the permits were real, no reason for all of the indoor gear. I have not tried any of the local product, but the kids seem to like it.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

relevant paperwork >>>

And for not including the police in the lucrative money chain !

Japanese are not farang they are called Yeepun, same way Koreans are called Kaoroli Farangs are white westerners. Very interesting racism among Asians but Japanese do not consider themselves to b

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

Seems to me that the old fashioned method works just fine, If the permits were real, no reason for all of the indoor gear. I have not tried any of the local product, but the kids seem to like it.

 

Creatures ............. and weather ........... and daylight hours.

 

You need loads of pesticides to grow outside in Thailand.

Aphids, white fly, leaf miners have eaten every crop I have ever tried to plant in Thailand (peppers, chilli, tomatoes).

Also cannabis only flowers in reducing daylight, monsoon is no good (July, August, Sept), too wet and stormy, so you'd need to plant out after the rain stops (early October but rain still going in CM), then wait 8-12 weeks before ripe, and be lucky to harvest before Xmas (shortest day). This year would have been a total bust for outdoor cannabis growing (so a friend tells me).

 

The old fashioned way is great in California.

Edited by BritManToo
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Creatures ............. and weather ........... and daylight hours.

 

You need loads of pesticides to grow outside in Thailand.

Aphids, white fly, leaf miners have eaten every crop I have ever tried to plant in Thailand (peppers, chilli, tomatoes).

Also cannabis only flowers in reducing daylight, monsoon is no good (July, August, Sept), too wet and stormy, so you'd need to plant out after the rain stops (early October but rain still going in CM), then wait 8-12 weeks before ripe, and be lucky to harvest before Xmas (shortest day). This year would have been a total bust for outdoor cannabis growing (so a friend tells me).

 

The old fashioned way is great in California.

(books tix to Cali)

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Creatures ............. and weather ........... and daylight hours.

 

You need loads of pesticides to grow outside in Thailand.

Aphids, white fly, leaf miners have eaten every crop I have ever tried to plant in Thailand (peppers, chilli, tomatoes).

Also cannabis only flowers in reducing daylight, monsoon is no good (July, August, Sept), too wet and stormy, so you'd need to plant out after the rain stops (early October but rain still going in CM), then wait 8-12 weeks before ripe, and be lucky to harvest before Xmas (shortest day). This year would have been a total bust for outdoor cannabis growing (so a friend tells me).

 

The old fashioned way is great in California.

 

I couldn't possibly have any experience with outdoor growing in CM, but I've been told that applying a Neem oil solution and a bacillus thuringiensis solution will organically rid the plant of most of the local pests. The growing season is a real issue here, as you pointed out, too hot if you plant early, too wet later on. One could, presumably, grow them in a makeshift tarp or greenhouse protecting them from the rain, or in pots which could be manually moved to shelter when needed. Optionally, one could obtain some feminized autoflower seeds and grow year round, albeit with a smaller sized crop.

Edited by clokwise
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, clokwise said:

but I've been told that applying a Neem oil solution and a bacillus thuringiensis solution will organically rid the plant of most of the local pests.

You've not been told that by someone who grows in Thailand ...... as Neem oil isn't generally available in Thailand.

You can buy small amounts as an import at 100x the California price.

 

Don't know anyone who uses autoflowers (more than once), the plant size can't be controlled, the seeds are expensive, and you can't clone the plants. You could grow 100 plants from one feminised seed, in about 3 months, for no cost beyond the original 1 seed.

 

...... so a friend tells me .......

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

You've not been told that by someone who grows in Thailand ...... as Neem oil isn't generally available in Thailand.

You can buy small amounts as an import at 100x the California price.

 

Don't know anyone who uses autoflowers (more than once), the plant size can't be controlled, the seeds are expensive, and you can't clone the plants. You could grow 100 plants from one feminised seed, in about 3 months, for no cost beyond the original 1 seed.

 

...... so a friend tells me .......

 

Neem oil and BT are widely available, just pop round to Kamtien flower market and ask any shop selling fertilizer. I can't vouch for it being cheaper than California, because as I stated before, I don't have any first hand knowledge growing cannabis, but I've been told it's super cheap and one small bottle of each will be more than you'll ever possibly need unless you're growing at an industrial scale.

Autoflowers definitely do tend to be smaller, but some people consider that an advantage, such as if one has a small condo balcony or nosy neighbors.

 

Honestly, anyone trying to grow 100 plants from one seed, in Thailand, is just looking for trouble. Grow just enough for yourself and no one's gonna bother you.

 

Edited by clokwise
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...