Home made sausages

remobb

3 hours ago, remobb said:

I have seen them but have never seen the funnels. I will look closer, thanks.

Most kitchen hardware stores have stuffing funnels in different sizes. Must fit your filler apparatus diameter as well.

Champ Makro not for me, but the Champ on the first ring (3029) going from Nong Hoi bridge and direction Global is much better; just shortly after the bridge to the left (of course).

On 10/5/2020 at 10:54 PM, jastheace said:

11741438_Screenshot2020-10-05163942.png.077b57997d86bdc5774d6fb286c0048e.png

20mm for standard size bangers. they will get bigger filling out the casing. 15mm for chipolatas. i know a supplier in the UK who ship these out worldwide. 

maybe you're doing them for yourself, friends,family etc and no need for high production runs. then the manual screw a handle ones doing about 3-5 kg would suffice. 30mm nozzle as less pressure delivered. you'll end up with one arm like popeye though.

Sausage filler priced 65,000 Baht or over for home made sausages? Think again, lol

23 hours ago, stouricks said:

Sausage vs burger, whats the difference apart from shape and skin? The meat and flavourings can be the same.

The thing is that a sausage keeps more moisture than a burger or a patty. Good mixing is a key to success. 

6 hours ago, DUNROAMIN said:

Makro have the real deal, pig intestine, cleaned and salted, however, problem is it is frozen and large quantity, once thawed you need to use all. A lot of sausages, not sure about refreezing the skins for future use???

No problem, thaw the casings, take what you need and refreeze the rest. I used to repack the casings in smaller portions and adding extra salt in the packing. The more salt you use the easier they thaw the next time. Refreezing NO problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, opalred said:

was making my own  till the hog casing you get now /need chainsaw to cut through the casing when cooked

Oops, you must have gotten my DIY hogskin condom making kit, and that means I got your...  oh, no.