90 Day Report Post Amnesty Update

Went up to get visa extension at CW today.

Didn't do 90 Day Report at any point during the last 12 months as I went abroad between 90 day periods and then because of the amnesty. I should have reported in May, but avoided a trip to immigration during the height of lockdown/Covid19 threat.

Immigration officer asked me to head over to MuangThonThani and get it done today.

No fine to pay.

Next report due 3 months on from today. So no complex nonsense about phantom reports which should have been done over the amnesty period, just sort it out going forward.

Another guy I met was told a fine was due, and I've heard that other posters have paid because of the confusion since the amnesty. But this doesn't seem to be the case.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pj123 said:

So the only consequence of failing to do your 90 Day Report is a fine? How much is the fine?

I also got a permanent stamp in my passport indicating that I had paid the fine.  Not technically a big deal, but it was later referred to by an airline ticket agent and a departure IO as an "overstay stamp".  Technically, it wasn't.  But when the guy who can either admit you to the country or deny your entry thinks it is, I'm not sure the finer technicalities matter.  (Edit:  and it could cause problems if you're running low on blank passport pages)  In fairness, it did not affect my next 2-3 visa exempt entries.

That was pre-Covid, BTW.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

I did my last 90 day report on July 13th...so it is coming due. With the extended amnesty, do I still need to do one before October13th?

Yes

The amnesty has no effect on your 90 day reporting date.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Benbkk26 said:

Just do it online....super easy, takes 30 seconds 

Not when you're too late. But they so called grey period still exists. But not for online posting. 

I think it's 15 days before the due date and seven days after. Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

1 hour ago, teacherclaire said:

Not when you're too late. But they so called grey period still exists. But not for online posting. 

I think it's 15 days before the due date and seven days after. Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

Online is 15 days before but nothing after. 

16 hours ago, teacherclaire said:

You are wrong.... now you can do it per their site...

Applicants can submit this online application within 15 days until the due date of notification

Edited by jacko45k

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2020 at 10:06 AM, ubonjoe said:

Yes

The amnesty has no effect on your 90 day reporting date.

In other posts it looked like you said that there's no need to do it before 31 oct?

I forgot it. My due date was 16 september. Was planning to fly out before then thinking the quarantine stuff would be over but since it wasn't flight cancled and then I forgot. Then after some googling some news sites said there's no need to do it before 31 oct plus a few posts by you.

Could you clarify please? ???? Regardless I will go 19 oct. Just wondering if I should expect a fine or not.

19 minutes ago, zib said:

Could you clarify please? ???? Regardless I will go 19 oct. Just wondering if I should expect a fine or not.

It was more of a suggestion than anything else. Ninety day reports are not required until after the 31st. No fines until then.

Best to do the report now than waiting until after the 31st.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

It was more of a suggestion than anything else. Ninety day reports are not required until after the 31st. No fines until then.

Great. Thanks for quick answer. First time in 10y I forgot it but bit special circumstances this year ???? But nice I'm saved by the 31 oct extension ????

On 10/17/2020 at 5:00 PM, ubonjoe said:

The imm guy looked at me with an angry face and said I had to pay the fine. My wife referred them to the gov letter saying 31 Oct. He took my passport and went to his superior and no fine..

Still weird.