Why does the BTS Skytrain breakdown?

Noisyaircon2020

I normally wait a couple of minutes max at the platform during rush hour, but just had to wait about 10 minutes. I looked down the track and the train was not even at the station before the station I got on at yet.

This got me thinking, what are some reasons the BTS Skytrain is delayed and breaks down?

Sadly some people fall sick occasionally which is totally natural, but mechanically how can a skytrain that simply runs on electricity break down? (I am genuinely curious here, not trolling).

• Confused 2

On 10/5/2020 at 3:42 AM, allane said:

If you want a country where everything works, you have chosen the wrong one.

To answer your question: an uneducated population that doesn't want to take responsibility for anything, coupled with second-rate materials, shoddy workmanship, and faked inspections.

Why would you live in such a lousy country. Why not go home where everything is bright and shiny?  Please explain. It seems you are not doing the logical thing.

I assume you have personal knowledge of your accusations. True?

Weren't the BTS lines built by an Italian-Thai or a Japanese-Thai partnership? Please refresh my memory.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2020 at 8:41 AM, heina said:

... or the London Underground.

Yep, I can recall many a happy hour waiting for a through Northern Line train on the Barnet Branch platform at Camden Town, to the sound of frequent trains rumbling through the tunnels to the Edgware Branch platform. That was during the era when the Northern Line was dubbed the Misery Line by the Evening Standard newspaper!

On 10/5/2020 at 5:42 PM, allane said:

To answer your question: an uneducated population that doesn't want to take responsibility for anything, coupled with second-rate materials, shoddy workmanship, and faked inspections.

Untrue.. The BTS is Siemens and supervised by them......

9 hours ago, elgenon said:

Why would you live in such a lousy country. Why not go home where everything is bright and shiny?  Please explain. It seems you are not doing the logical thing.

I assume you have personal knowledge of your accusations. True?

Weren't the BTS lines built by an Italian-Thai or a Japanese-Thai partnership? Please refresh my memory.

German i.e. Siemens

• Like 1

On 10/5/2020 at 5:42 PM, allane said:

What a load of racist bull**it!    

The BTS system has a very good record and is very professionally run by well trained employees.  

• Like 2