Does Thai gov't require transcripts, or is it schools' decision?

On 10/13/2020 at 11:03 PM, LazySlipper said:

Once again... where do you get this information from?  You talk through your teeth with no support to anything you are saying. There isn't a single school that 'has' to check a teacher's background and no, it isn't the school's responsibility to do so. This falls on the TCT when approving waivers and teacher licenses, and even they don't always do it. 

Claire... stop talking gibberish some people might actually listen to what you are saying and believe it.

Bad and false advice can lead to trouble. I said it before... I never really paid attention to what you were saying but I think I might start to do so...

It most definitely the schools responsibility to provide proof that the degree is real.  Unfortunately a few years ago there was a run on KHAOSAN degrees.  The government realized tht it was impossible for them to check every degree so they said that schools were responsible which actually makes sense.  If you have a business you should check that the person is real and truthful.  Krupska  also wanted proof and not just a degree.

OP  I have always felt and people here UBONJOE and others have said that it is always better t have too much information than not enough.  I am no longer teaching in schools but if I was going to start again I would definitely have as much info as I could to prove that my degree is legit.  Especially with the ruckus that sarasat has caused.

Just like going for my annual extension I always have more copies and more paperwork than they need.  

What it shows the school is that you are at least open and are trying to provide what they may need for the WP.

• Confused 1
39 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

It most definitely the schools responsibility to provide proof that the degree is real. 

Read what Scott said. Confirms what I said. In 20 years here never saw a school check a degree. Reference checks... yes but no credential nor degree validation check. It will never happen here with the teacher turnover. It is not economically and time wise feasible. It looks like you are guessing.

10 hours ago, LazySlipper said:

Read what Scott said. Confirms what I said. In 20 years here never saw a school check a degree. Reference checks... yes but no credential nor degree validation check. It will never happen here with the teacher turnover. It is not economically and time wise feasible. It looks like you are guessing.

The teacher never knew that the degree was being checked on unless there was a problem.   For example, any teacher from the UK had to be the one to write to the school, but for the US, I used the National Student Clearinghouse and their verification email was sent with the degree.  

An official copy of the Transcript sent from the school was the pivotal piece of information.  To begin with, it came to the school and we left it sealed.  Later the TCT wanted it sent directly to them.  

@OP-we have a teacher from the uk here with no degree and he got a wp. The agency and the school both wrote a letter to Khurusapa (TCT) asking for a waiver and that was used for the wp.

@Scott-do/did you have some kind of need-to-know or authentication when requesting verification from the states? Seems strange that just any JoeBlow could write and get a copy of someone's degree. If that's the case, what would be the deterrent to getting a copy of a recently deceased person's degree and photoshopping your name onto it?