Phuket officials silent on impending arrival of Chinese tourists

snoop1130

Phuket officials silent on impending arrival of Chinese tourists

By The Phuket News

1601896389_1-org.jpg

Tourism and Sports Minister Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn speaking to the press in Bangkok last Thursday (Oct 1). Photo: NNT

PHUKET:-- Phuket officials today (Oct 5) would neither confirm or deny whether the first tourists to enter the country would land at Phuket International Airport this Thursday (Oct 8), as announced by Minister of Tourism and Sports Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn just last week.

Speaking to the press in Bangkok last Thursday (Oct 1), Minister Phiphat confirmed that a group of 150 Chinese nationals, all entering the country on the new Special Tourist Visa (STV), will be the first foreign tourists allowed into Thailand on a chartered flight under the conditional entry scheme for selected groups of foreigners, endorsed by the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA).

Mr Phipat explained the group will fly directly to Phuket on a chartered Air Asia flight, adding that another, smaller, group of seven Chinese businessmen will arrive at Suvarnabhumi International Airport on a private jet on the same day, reported state news agency NNT, operated by the Public Relations Department of Thailand.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-officials-silent-on-impending-arrival-of-chinese-tourists-77548.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-10-05

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Someone told me yesterday that on another news site that Phuket officials had denied all knowledge of the 150 Chinese.

The site may have been called Thai news in English, I don't know, I have not heard of it before yesterday so could be BS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1