Whats is the fee for a qualified EFL TEACHER to charge Thai students for private tuitions

Nout

Generally, I would think conversation involves speaking and listening. But that does depend on the two people involved.

Students can probably find private lessons for 400 - 500 per hour. But possibly you can convince them to pay the same for group lessons

You seem knowledgeable about rates in Bangkok and countryside. So why are you asking about rates for an undefined objective private tutoring job?

If you were getting over 1000 baht per hour in a previous teaching jobs, then reasonable to expect to get something similar for private tuition

Previously I was making comments about that other person talking about getting advice for illegal activities

• Like 1

6 hours ago, brianp0803 said:

Generally, I would think conversation involves speaking and listening. But that does depend on the two people involved.

Students can probably find private lessons for 400 - 500 per hour. But possibly you can convince them to pay the same for group lessons

You seem knowledgeable about rates in Bangkok and countryside. So why are you asking about rates for an undefined objective private tutoring job?

If you were getting over 1000 baht per hour in a previous teaching jobs, then reasonable to expect to get something similar for private tuition

Previously I was making comments about that other person talking about getting advice for illegal activities

Nothing to do with Bangkok and Isan but basic supply and demand economics. In Bangkok there are many highly qualified teachers but very few Nakon Nowhere. All in I can't see a reason for substantial differences in fees for real qualified Genuine TEFL teacher based on town and country. From your comment about listening only being a potential aspect of conversation skills your are referring to social skills not listening skills deemed as one of the major 4 skills when learning a language.

Edited by Nout

• 3 weeks later...

Absolutely wonderful to see such a positive, supportive community of teachers here. ????

Years ago way out in Issan, I too was told by colleagues that the going rate is 400 an hour. I was offered a client down my soi. I told his mom the going rate. In typical Thai style, she countered with 300. Should I have fought for more?

He turned out to be a great student, polite, eager to learn, on time. I've heard many stories of much the opposite. That made it worth it to me, and should also factor into the work you take on, other than price alone.

• Like 1

I have done as cheap as 800 baht per hour for grade 11 and 12 math and physics student studying for A-level exams if they were appreciative, on time, worked hard and met at a coffee shop near my home. Otherwise 1,000-1,500 per hour ( 2 hour lessons)

20 years ago, I charged 1500 and 2000/hour for private students from Bangkok Pattana.

I also taught kids for 500 in 1995. 

Now, I charge 1200/hour for kids and business people. Few kids are willing to pay this where I live but it's up to them to get some friends to share the cost.