Regular (not covid) tourist visa extension until Nov 30?

Before Sep 26, some folks (myself included) managed to get a regular (non covid) tourist visa extension up to Oct 26, without an embassy letter. But now there has been a report that IO refuse to uphold this extension until Nov 30, saying that "tourists cannot stay longer than 90 days". The report is here: 

Here I propose to summarize people's experience trying to get a stamp until Nov 30, after a regular 30 day extension. I personally did not try to do that yet.

Edited by JoseThailand
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

So has anyone been able to get a regular extension up to Nov 30?

Reports of it have been pretty rare. I've only seen someone succeed in Chiang Mai and Pai...but those reports were nearly a month ago.  It might have changed already. If you get it, good. If you don't, then you have to figure out how to work with the "new" rules...which I know...seem to change like the wind! x) 

I have been waiting to see if anyone has been successful with this as well.  I did go 2 weeks ago but was told to come back on the 26th when my tourist extension (not covid letter extension) expires.  I have no idea what options will be open to me on the 26th.  I did ask but he couldn't answer.   

I was under the impression that ALL visa extensions done prior to 9/26 (paid 1900 baht) were eligible to be pushed back until 11/30. 

I have a worrying feeling.

11 hours ago, SAcanman said:

I have been waiting to see if anyone has been successful with this as well.  I did go 2 weeks ago but was told to come back on the 26th when my tourist extension (not covid letter extension) expires.  I have no idea what options will be open to me on the 26th.  I did ask but he couldn't answer.   

I was under the impression that ALL visa extensions done prior to 9/26 (paid 1900 baht) were eligible to be pushed back until 11/30. 

When you say "I did go", where did you go?

On 10/16/2020 at 5:01 PM, SAcanman said:

Don't worry, that way or another they will extend visas for everyone. At worst, you will just lose your 1900 baht that you paid before. But think of the people that wasted 50k+ baht on corrupt volunteer and ED visas.

Edited by JoseThailand
  • Like 1

I called Pathum Thani immigration office to update my counting day from November 1.  

My visa is Non-Im O based on marriage.  I extented 60 days on September 22.

They answered counting from November 1 is for Covid extension based on embassy letters only.

The announcement shows all types of visas...  They also counted 60 days from Semptember 22.  So I cannot stay till November 30.   Very frustrated. 

Screenshot_20201019-084429~2.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, TransAm2002 said:

I called Pathum Thani immigration office to update my counting day from November 1.  

My visa is Non-Im O based on marriage.  I extented 60 days on September 22.

They answered counting from November 1 is for Covid extension based on embassy letters only.

The announcement shows all types of visas...  They also counted 60 days from Semptember 22.  So I cannot stay till November 30.   Very frustrated. 

Screenshot_20201019-084429~2.png

Is it just me or is Immigration being very quiet at the moment, no weekly pronouncements of doom. no spokesmen making predictions.

35 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

Is it just me or is Immigration being very quiet at the moment, no weekly pronouncements of doom. no spokesmen making predictions.

Why would they announce anything at the moment? There's been a lot of info about extensions this month. 

I joined this forum today even though I have been reading the content for the last few months since I found the information helpful. 

I tried to renew my visa (tourist) last September without an embassy letter and was unsuccessful. 

As many of you, I’m waiting to hear feedback on successful or not attempt to renew tourist visa. 

I found this information, which might be useful from the US embassy website in Thailand.

Update 10/13/2020: According to verbal communication from the Royal Thai Government’s Immigration Bureau, non-Thai nationals can visit any Thai Immigration office to request a 60-day extension of stay. We have been told that there will be a charge for this. Thai Immigration will not require a letter from the Embassy as part of the extension request, so the U.S. Embassy and Consulate General Chiang Mai will no longer provide letters of support for Thai visa extensions. For more information about applying for Thai visa extensions, please visit www.immigration.go.th or contact the Thai Immigration Bureau.

the link to the above information 

https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/covid-19-information/

I’m hoping this information can be useful.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, DanielFR said:

I joined this forum today even though I have been reading the content for the last few months since I found the information helpful. 
I tried to renew my visa (tourist) last September without an embassy letter and was unsuccessful. 
As many of you, I’m waiting to hear feedback on successful or not attempt to renew tourist visa.

Thanks for the info you posted re 60-day extensions.  From that info it seems that everyone can keep on applying for such 60-day extensions (probably until borders open again).

But I need to correct you on terminology used in the first part of your post (not being pedantic but incorrect terminology often leads to confusion and incorrect responses).

> You cannot 'renew a tourist Visa' in-country.  You can only apply for a new tourist visa in a Thai embassy/consulate abroad.  What you can do is apply for an extension of stay at a local Imm office based on that Tourist Visa entry (which you have obviously done already).  You can also apply for a 90-day Non Imm O Visa (followed by a 1-year extension of stay application from that Visa).  But that would require that - when applying for that 90-day Non Imm O Visa - you have at least 15 days left on the current permission to stay you received when you applied for the current extension of stay of that Tourist Visa. 

41 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

I tried to get the 30th Nov stamp today and the IO said they couldn't do it. SO i got it, they voided it, told me to come back on Monday and now confirmation - they will not give the extra 30 days for those who extended prior to the 26th with a TV, only an embassy letter extension will get those extra days. They tried to do it for me because i had an embassy letter with me, hence the multiple trips!

An update about the 60 day extensions - They will only give the extension twice - so come February, you will need to find another solution.

Thanks. I was going to go to MTT today but decided against it. There doesn't seem much point now because if Ubon are not doing it then I doubt any other office will.

Did you get your 60 day covid extension?

Edited by edwardandtubs

4 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

Thanks. I was going to go to MTT today but decided against it. There doesn't seem much point now because if Ubon are not doing it then I doubt any other office will.

Did you get your 60 day covid extension?

Going to apply later, need to get the yellow tabien baan sorted first.

@edwardandtubs I just received a message from another forum member and he got his done. It's worth a try, he was another TV extension, not an embassy letter.

I went today and got the extension until Nov. 30.  Same people who denied me 2 weeks ago approved it today.

Chiang Mai.  Not really announcing it yet on the forums because I dont want to be recalled.  555

I read of another who was approved in CM as well.

Edited by 2530Ubon
deleted name of member who sent message
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2020 at 5:59 PM, 2530Ubon said:

@edwardandtubs I just received a message from another forum member and he got his done. It's worth a try, he was another TV extension, not an embassy letter.

I went today and got the extension until Nov. 30.  Same people who denied me 2 weeks ago approved it today.

Chiang Mai.  Not really announcing it yet on the forums because I dont want to be recalled.  555

I read of another who was approved in CM as well.

Mine went the opposite way. On Monday they said they would change the date in spite of the mistake by Ubon immigration but today they said they wouldn't BECAUSE of that mistake.

25 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

Yes. 1900 baht.

Maybe the 3900 is another "mistake" by Ubon.

Looks like it! I think it might be time to complain about the office, there have been so many mistakes. Lost a lot of time and a little money! Tired of going back and forth, what should i do? 

Edited by 2530Ubon