Abused housemaids return from Malaysia

geovalin

The Cambodian embassy in Malaysia and an NGO recently helped return two housemaids to the Kingdom after one alleged she was denied her salary for years and the other claimed she was consistently abused and beaten by their employer.

Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation spokesman Koy Kuong told The Post on Monday that due to the intervention from the embassy and Phnom Penh-based NGO Chab Dai Coalition, Nguon Van, 31, and El Mary, 32, were safely repatriated to the Kingdom on Sunday evening.

Kuong said: “By this time, they would have safely reached their respective homes.”

read more https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/abused-housemaids-return-malaysia

I think this is fairly common.  I spoke to a thai woman working  somewhere  UAE via dating site who told me she hadn't been paid in months and had to do everything to take care of children and a big house. She said she  wasn't held captive,  she didn't say she was beaten but she didn't have money to fly home and worked like a dog.   Hard to imagine  a family  could enjoy living with a person they treat like this. 

• Like 2