Buffets In Bangkok

cutethaigirl

The best is at the Four Seasons Hotel on Sunday but it is pricey at about 1800B per person. I enjoy most are the unlimited supply of martini made to your order, fresh rock oysters topped with caviar (sorry, not Beluga but they go well with the oysters), pan-fry foie gras done on site, and grilled steaks done to your preference.

Try The Sukhothai Hotel, Sunday Brunch, it is the best in Town.. Barron Point Oysters from the States….. me think.. :D

Erawan Hotel Lobby Dining Room each and everyday Lunch and Dinner….. :D

Oriental Hotel, Lord Jim’s perhaps…. :D

Intercontinental, Espresso, Lunch, Dinner and Sunday Brunch with free-flow Cocktails ………… :o

Etc…………………………………. Too many to mention….. give some of these a try…. Why yes, Why not…….

Happy eating…. :D

Edited by Kan Win

Whenever I get down to Bangkok I always stop at Oishi Japanese Buffet at the Siam Discovery Center it's around 400BT (prices vary depending on time of day) the only down side is the buffet is so large you wont even get to eat a fraction of what you want before you are full .. (unless you don't like Japanese food of course).

/SM

I've been to many buffet restaurants and I recommend the following: (expensive and inexpensive)

--Sheraton Hotel, Sukhumvit -Orchid Cafe (850 Baht++): International buffet with the freshest seafood you'll find in Bkk

--Plaza Athene Hotel, Ploen-Chit -Rain Tree Cafe (750 B++)- Int'l buffet (almost like Sheraton)

--Conrad Hotel, Cafe@2 (690B, i think): Int'l food with very good Indian food

--Four Seasons Hotel, Biscotti (350-450 B++): Lunch on weekdays include buffet antipasta, 1 main dish and dessert (Italian food).

--No. 43 Italian Restaurant, Soi Langsuan (250-270 :o: Lunch buffet- Italian food with some Thai

--Westin Grande Sukhumvit, Kisso Japanese Restaurant (sorry I forgot the price, but about 500-600 :D:The Sunday brunch is really good.

--Pan Pacific Hotel Silom Road, Heights Cafe (690 B++): Int'l buffet-lunch and dinner

--Cafe Chinois, Emporium (230 - 250 :D: lunch on weekdays and weekends Chinese buffet, good and reasonable price.

**I guess that's all I can remember for now.. Has someone tried the lunch buffet in Oriental Hotel?

Whenever I get down to Bangkok I always stop at Oishi Japanese Buffet at the Siam Discovery Center it's around 400BT (prices vary depending on time of day)

I went to the Oishi Japanese buffet on soi 55 (Thonglor) last week and the buffet is really, really big.

Everything you can eat and drink (no alcoholic beverages) for Baht 500.

Even if you do not like Japanese food, there is plenty of seafood, meat, salads, whatever,...

If you're a big eater and do not want to spend too much money, it is quite a good place.

On a cheaper note, I went to an hotel on soi 24 (or 26), Sukkumvit offering a buffet at Baht 115 (Radisson hotel or similar name).

Not as good as Oishi, but far cheaper.

Can't believe no one has mentioned the lunch buffet at the Oriental. Best I have ever had anywhere in the world.

I seem to remember it was something like 800 baht each (could be way off, but not on the low side), not including drinks.

TH

Can't believe no one has mentioned the lunch buffet at the Oriental.  Best I have ever had anywhere in the world. 

I seem to remember it was something like 800 baht each (could be way off, but not on the low side), not including drinks.

TH

:D:D:D

Oriental Hotel, Lord Jim’s perhaps….

Diddle I say so. 4th post from the top....... me think :o

:D

What kind of salaries are you rich guys on :D

You started this Fred, but you forgot to mention "your budget" :D, hence all of our replies. :D

:D

Thank you all.

Eat your heart out "cutethaigirl " ..............so to speak..... "Buffets In Bangkok" of course :o

Edited by Kan Win

I like to rough it ( plus, a tight ass) and do the 69 or 89 baht bbq it yourself buffet . Some have good food, other's it is still frozen. Beer is also good with Singha or Chang on tap and 90 baht a jug . I just like the atmosphere of sitting outside on a balmy night , cooking yourself while getting pissed on cheap beer, oh well .

Not sure if guys mean my posting. But anyways, u can find 'bbq yourself buffets' all over Bkk. I know at least three on Ramkahaeng Rd . Favourite me and the missus frequent is between Carrefour and Tops heading towards Min Buri direction, have a big sign saying 89 :o

On a cheaper note, I went to an hotel on soi 24 (or 26), Sukkumvit offering a buffet at Baht 115 (Radisson hotel or similar name).

Not as good as Oishi, but far cheaper.

I think you are referring to the Ariston Hotel on Soi 24 that had a buffet for 90-100 baht or so (mostly Thai but some Japanese). Also had a piano player at lunch time that made the place look classier than it really was. Would suggest you get there early (11:30) cuz the good stuff goes fast. Actually a pretty good value for the price.

No 43 is a great place for Italian buffet and think they just raised their price to about 295. Cape House is the serviced apt. that offers this restaurant and the address is 43 Lang Suan Road near Central Chitlom BTS station.

Lord Jim in the Oriental is my favorite buffet even though I got food poisoning from the Pork salad last time I was there. :o

"u can find 'bbq yourself buffets' all over Bkk.saying 89 I know at least three".........

Use them all the time but I never seem to see any/many Non Thais in them.

Last one we hit (with all friends )one was in Theparak and the price had gone up from......49Bt. to 69 Bt. :o

The sliced ham-bacon on offer was the best I ever had in Bangers ....and as much as one can scoff. :D

Next time loaf of bread job and a pound of butter...BLTs..wow :D

Not  sure  if  guys  mean my  posting. But anyways, u can find  'bbq yourself  buffets' all over  Bkk. I  know  at  least  three on Ramkahaeng Rd . Favourite me and  the  missus frequent is  between Carrefour and Tops heading  towards Min Buri direction, have a  big  sign saying  89 :o

Yes, and I was just introduced to another one. We were invited out by my stepdaughter's new admirer (one of the advantages of being 'dad' for a stunning 19 year old) to one of several open air bbq restaurants on Ramkaenghaeng Soi 39, around the Town-in-Town hotel.

Highly recommended to the budget concious, if you can work out how to get there by public transport. 79 Bt, including sweets and fresh fruit.

At that price, don't expect to find prime beef or giant lobsters, but there is a basic choice of meat, seafood and veges. A retired Thai-boxing champion provides the musical entertainment. No farangs there, and I was kissed good-bye by the aging 'thing' cat-walking around in cowboy costume , hat and boots.

The lunch buffet in the Ambassador Hotel is not bad.  I think it was around 300-400 baht per.  Not very large but a decent selection.

I ate at the new Ambassador International Lunch Buffet last week for 350 b net. I think this place (nicely refurbished/decorated room) has been open only a month or two.

It was excellent.

Japanese food was very fresh. They had western food (including some special Cuban dishes), Thai, muslim, chinese (roast pork was excellent) ,etc. Food was prepared under direction of a farang chef. Selection/quantity was large and thought they did a great job. Price also includes a coke or 7up complimentary and as much free water as you can drink.

If you want good service, good food, nice surroundings, and "real" silverware and cloth napkins at a very reasonable price for a hotel -- this is it. :o