Jump to content

SKÅL Koh Samui invites travellers to rediscover the delights of Thailand’s favourite island


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

So you haven't been here for a while then. Another exaggeration.

As I write this, I can here music from a beach club in Bangrak. Every bloody single night since the lockdown ended in April. Luckily for me, they turn the volume down at 24.00 hours. Peaceful bliss.

Would they stay open for that long, evry night, if they were empty? I think not.

Another beach club in Fisherman's village has a queue ouside most nights (unless it is raining).

I cannot comment on other beach clubs as I do not traval far from my base. Too many good restaurants and places to go to. (Choengmon, Bangrak, Bophut and Maenam.)

Have you been to any of these places?

I haven’t  been since I left in June and refuse to get ripped off in quarantine when I have a perfectly good house I own there !

If you are talking about chi in banrak being the beach club it’s mostly empty unless special party is on and beach clubs will play music even if empty as it won’t attract anyone in silence.

Beach club in fishermans village ? If you mean coco tams it’s not a beach club and it’s that quiet they let their farang manager go last month as no need for one they said .

As for restaurants I have been to quite a few very cheap and very expensive all around the island as I owned property in banrak,bophut and taling ngam . The only place I don’t know is lamai as it never appealed to me for some reason .

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Too late, Samui was good 40 years ago, your greed ruined it.

Sure, I have the beach club all for myself at the moment, when I out in the weekends...😉   Photos from last month, September 2020 (first weekend this month was Buddha Lent)...

Well I have been coming to Samui since 2005 and lived here permanently since 2010.   That video is very carefully edited and many of the images are not even of Samui.   These video

Posted Images

2 hours ago, khunPer said:

Sure, I have the beach club all for myself at the moment, when I out in the weekends...😉

 

Photos from last month, September 2020 (first weekend this month was Buddha Lent)...

wIMG202009042313_Ark-Bar_h8.jpg.338211b068a57b895d3d0b36586edbb7.jpgwIMG202009042312_Ark-Bar.jpg.6b22c53bf26ec6188e37a882deb637f5.jpgwIMG202009042355_Ark-Bar.jpg.12fc852a93d0fb043237a2fbae0f00ed.jpg

And if you look at ark bars own page of their last event it’s a very different story . In the daytime it’s dead , I have friends who were just there a few days ago and said the only place busy in chaweng was the black . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ronaldo0 said:

And if you look at ark bars own page of their last event it’s a very different story . In the daytime it’s dead , I have friends who were just there a few days ago and said the only place busy in chaweng was the black . 

They start in the afternoon, I think about 4 pm, the daytime pool parties used to be targeting hotel-residents, which there are none of now; the hotel sections are closed. After reopening I've only been there in evenings, after 10 pm, and when I've been there, it has been all right...👍

 

However, last weekend alcohol sale was closed midnight to midnight, so no reason the head out, most folks stays home. Ark Bar officially close by midnight. The weekend before had awful rainy and windy weather, which is not unusual this time of the year, so not the right time for beach party.

 

Black Night Club is indoor and normally full.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

It is true that there is never an end to decency lying so shamelessly does not solve the problem in which he has been ko samui for years.
Semi-destroyed roads, unresolved waste collection problem, at least we do not see any kind of improvement.

Hope authority begin taking care these problems or will be too late

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

 

Would they stay open for that long, evry night, if they were empty? I think not.

LOL. Of course they do. I was driven off Thong Nai Pan Yai by a beach bar that played very loud music long after midnight every night. On investigation, the only audience for the sole bartender/ DJ was a dog.

Was the dog barking orders at him ? 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly don't understand why video of the empty beach road in Chaweng is so fantastic to share? There is a similar video from Phuket that is at least equally empty, and what about Pattaya and the Walking Street, which is not even a pedestrian street anymore?

 

The Covid-19 situation is not specific to Samui, and it has nothing to do with concrete on beach-fronts, or narrow beaches due to erosion, or greed and greedy business owners, or whatever...
–it's a Worldwide situation.

 

I read about how bad the Spanish holiday island Mallorca is now, and that many hotels and restaurant will never reopen – does it sound familiar?

 

My home country, Denmark, is also suffering from lack of tourists, and many a business gives up and begin to close, not to forget the travel agencies already under bankruptcy, and the two big Scandinavian airlignes Norwegian and SAS survives only because of government money-flow. Norwegian operated 10 percent of it's former flight capacity in September, and that was with only half occupancy rate, i.e. 53 percent to be specific, they expect to run out of money again in early 2021. So even you can fly, people don't go anywhere.

 

Many countries in Europe has a so-called second Covid-19 wave right now, followed by travel restrictions; most of the European countries have moved up in "not recommended"-status.

 

So why is it such a big story that a beach road, depending almost entirely of foreign tourists, is closed, when there are almost no foreign tourists anywhere in the World..?

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, khunPer said:

Sure, I have the beach club all for myself at the moment, when I out in the weekends...😉

 

Photos from last month, September 2020 (first weekend this month was Buddha Lent)...

wIMG202009042313_Ark-Bar_h8.jpg.338211b068a57b895d3d0b36586edbb7.jpgwIMG202009042312_Ark-Bar.jpg.6b22c53bf26ec6188e37a882deb637f5.jpgwIMG202009042355_Ark-Bar.jpg.12fc852a93d0fb043237a2fbae0f00ed.jpg

I think Samui is a great island and I admire you for being one of the people who always sticks up for it....

 

... but I do find it amusing when you hold up Ark Bar as a reason to go there 🙈🙈🙈

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I think Samui is a great island and I admire you for being one of the people who always sticks up for it....

 

... but I do find it amusing when you hold up Ark Bar as a reason to go there 🙈🙈🙈

Hey - KhunPer is young. Let him have his fun.

I went to the Ark Bar once. Years ago. Never again but young people like it. Many guests from Bangkok want to go there.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

I think Samui is a great island and I admire you for being one of the people who always sticks up for it....

 

... but I do find it amusing when you hold up Ark Bar as a reason to go there 🙈🙈🙈

I'm dancing there – like numerous others comes to Samui for – it's cool music, and you are allowed to dance on the tables...👍 However, the platform in front of the pool, next to the DJs, is also Okay, good space, and enough for a couple of gorgeous girls can jump up and dance together with me...😎

 

PS: We are some that don't stop dancing because we get little mature; because we risk getting old if we stop dancing...:thumbsup:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Again large number of comments based on the the one Video that went Viral that mostly showed Chaweng empty. It is empty and that will not change anytime soon and might even lead to the needed change to the s..thole that it is.

 

Rather ridiculous to apply what people see in the Chaweng video to the rest of the island. It is quiet but certainly not dead. Bars, beach clubs in Bangrak, Bophut and Maenam have customers and due to some bars/restaurant not having opened since the covid closure I would even argue that business is probably not much worse than the normal quiet October/November season. As everywhere else in the world, high season will be a different story.

 

Last but not least, SKAL making an effort to get tourists back and created a very nice video promoting the beauty of Samui. It makes a nice change from all the people who just knock Samui down, many of them who have not been here in many moons and don't have a clue about the pro and cons of Samui. If you make the effort and leave your house or hotel you will find that Samui still offers many beautiful places and that the scenery is stunning. Not something you will see if you never leave the ring road. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2020 at 4:17 AM, khunPer said:

I honestly don't understand why video of the empty beach road in Chaweng is so fantastic to share? There is a similar video from Phuket that is at least equally empty, and what about Pattaya and the Walking Street, which is not even a pedestrian street anymore?

 

The Covid-19 situation is not specific to Samui, and it has nothing to do with concrete on beach-fronts, or narrow beaches due to erosion, or greed and greedy business owners, or whatever...
–it's a Worldwide situation.

 

I read about how bad the Spanish holiday island Mallorca is now, and that many hotels and restaurant will never reopen – does it sound familiar?

 

My home country, Denmark, is also suffering from lack of tourists, and many a business gives up and begin to close, not to forget the travel agencies already under bankruptcy, and the two big Scandinavian airlignes Norwegian and SAS survives only because of government money-flow. Norwegian operated 10 percent of it's former flight capacity in September, and that was with only half occupancy rate, i.e. 53 percent to be specific, they expect to run out of money again in early 2021. So even you can fly, people don't go anywhere.

 

Many countries in Europe has a so-called second Covid-19 wave right now, followed by travel restrictions; most of the European countries have moved up in "not recommended"-status.

 

So why is it such a big story that a beach road, depending almost entirely of foreign tourists, is closed, when there are almost no foreign tourists anywhere in the World..?

 

 

Could it be because it's the Koh Samui News subforum and not the Phuket or Pattaya sub forum, nor the World News sub forum, and definitely nothing to do with Spain?

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...