Chonburi: Another car bursts into flames! This time it's a woman's Ford Fiesta

webfact

Chonburi: Another car bursts into flames! This time it's a woman's Ford Fiesta

8pm.jpg

Thai media 77kaosod reported that another car had mysteriously burst into flames. 

This time it was a Ford Fiesta yesterday near the Talat Dao market intersection in Don Hua Lor, Chonburi. 

Driver Narumol, 56, said she had just left a company in the Amata City industrial estate when she heard a ringing like an alarm clock. 

8pm1.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

She managed to pull over as flames came from the engine. She fled and called for help. 

Locals used a fire extinguisher but the blaze was eventually put out by the fire brigade.

Half the vehicle was badly damaged.

The media said the cause was not known. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-10-06

8 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

Looks like a Ford Fiasco to me. Anyone remember awhile back the Ford Exploder with the Firestorm tires? 

Yeah faulty cruise control switches that caused some vehicles to catch fire.

11 minutes ago, essox essox said:

so why were thousands produced and bought in the Uk and NO reports of any of them being BURNT out??? they were a very popular cheap to run vehicle.....

I bought my wife one, Fiesta Sport it was a top little car could shift also, the only problem was the auto gearbox we had it done once and it was starting to go again

Maybe cheap gasoline with an excess of octane regulators destroying flexible fuel lines ?

It was not an uncommon problem in the years of transition to unleaded  fuels around the world.

Here in Thailand I have had several failures of rubber supply lines on  motor cycles and small engines.

48 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Why would the insurance cover that ?

I was being ironic, as a couple of posters above recognised.  As you've taken it seriously though, let me enlighten you on two occasions when my car insurance was involved.  It was almost as if my agents were on commission from the company, so eager were they to pay out!

The first involved a rear end shunt as a pick-up driver, doing about 150 kmph, ran into me.  My agent measured the point of impact & declared, because it was 2 cms to the left of centre, I had changed lanes and therefore I was at fault.

The second was when I sat politely waiting at a U-turn; two tearaways hit me amidships - their wrecked speedo showed 90kms at point of impact.  My company cheerfully paid out for full medical expenses despite them having no licence or helmet.  A disreputable cop, arriving ten minutes later decided it was my fault!

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

I was being ironic, as a couple of posters above recognised.  As you've taken it seriously though, let me enlighten you on two occasions when my car insurance was involved.  It was almost as if my agents were on commission from the company, so eager were they to pay out!

The first involved a rear end shunt as a pick-up driver, doing about 150 kmph, ran into me.  My agent measured the point of impact & declared, because it was 2 cms to the left of centre, I had changed lanes and therefore I was at fault.

The second was when I sat politely waiting at a U-turn; two tearaways hit me amidships - their wrecked speedo showed 90kms at point of impact.  My company cheerfully paid out for full medical expenses despite them having no licence or helmet.  A disreputable cop, arriving ten minutes later decided it was my fault!

Glad to hear you did not have all your gold and jewellery in the glovebox.

Thailand the hub of burning motor cars.

Around the globe I have seen some horrific driving and crashes. Saudi, Qatar, Algeria, France and the numero uno of them all Thailand. But, this is the only country that has cars bursting into flames on a reugular basis without an impact.

In recent years there has also been reports of electric cars bursting into flames in the owners driveways.

Do the major car manufacturers know this is happening? If not. They should.