Mobile Number Portability to Internet-only SIMS?

boono

Hi,

I wonder whether I could port my number from TRUE to any of the other providers if I purchase an internet-only SIM, such as the Net Marathon (AIS), or similar from DTAC.

I understand that I could order the Internet only SIM from lazada and the likes, but then get any random number. The AIS website to purchase the Marathon SIM is in Thai only, and seems not to allow to port in my number as well - or can this be done at a later point?

My use case: I use mostly data, now on a limited data old TRUE prepaid card, plus I receive a few SMS every other day mostly for online banking and online purchases, and do the odd call every other month.

So I think a data only SIM would suit me best, but I'd like to avoid changing my number with my banks and contacts.

I do not have a dual SIM phone, so this option does not work.

Cheers,

Boono

There is no such thing as an Internet only or Data only SIM. Just port your number over as usual with the *151 service. 

* 151 *  (13 character ID number. Passport number might work) #  (Dial key)

If it works you get an text message in return with eight alpha-numeric characters. You take that along to the provider of the new SIM.