Obtaining Spouse Visa then Travelling Back to England

Has anyone on this forum gone through the process of obtaining a 90 day spouse visa, quarantine, testing etc stayed in Thailand for a while and then come back to the UK? What was the experience like?

I am thinking of doing this as I permanently live in the UK and normally just visit my wife on a tourist visa. I cannot stay very long due to work commitments etc.

Did you have any difficulties obtaining a flight for the return? 

People have gone through the process of going through the process at the embassy in London and the 14 day quarantine. But most have returned for a long stay here. How long do you plan on staying?

Have you looked at this page to see all the requirements. Scroll down this page to find the info being married t a Thai.

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/119247-requirements-for-certificate-of-entry-during-travel-restriction?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

1 hour ago, WalsallRobbo said:

It depends on how long my work will let me stay - maybe one month.

Although that doesn't seem all the effort and expense.

The minimum total cost just to get here incl 15 days quarantine is about 100,000 baht. A friend of a friend from England paid £3,000. That's about 120,000. A big part of the total cost is the hotel, next is the airline ticket. 

Yep, a month, including 15 days in quarantine is hardly worth it. Add in the cost (a likely £2000 plus) and all the kerfuffle it just doesn't seem worth it.

I will have to get back to my company and ask if I can work from Thailand for a while for it be worth it.

I think the maximum I can stay is 90 days on my visa - I don't want to convert it into a full-time marriage visa - as I live permanently in the UK. Does anyone have experience of this? Or getting a recent flight from Thailand - are they still running?

13 minutes ago, WalsallRobbo said:

think the maximum I can stay is 90 days on my visa - I don't want to convert it into a full-time marriage visa - as I live permanently in the UK. Does anyone have experience of this? Or getting a recent flight from Thailand - are they still running?

Don't mean to sound cruel to be kind, but are you serious. Go through all the requirements to enter Thailand just to VISIT wife then go back to  UK relative short time later. Surely this is a wind up.

I suggest you read the threads about married guys returning. Very helpful threads. Mind you NONE came to Thailand for a catch up visit.

Edited by DrJack54

32 minutes ago, WalsallRobbo said:

Yep, a month, including 15 days in quarantine is hardly worth it. Add in the cost (a likely £2000 plus) and all the kerfuffle it just doesn't seem worth it.

I will have to get back to my company and ask if I can work from Thailand for a while for it be worth it.

I think the maximum I can stay is 90 days on my visa - I don't want to convert it into a full-time marriage visa - as I live permanently in the UK. Does anyone have experience of this? Or getting a recent flight from Thailand - are they still running?

I would say that £2,000 is impossible incl a flight back home. There are flights out of Thailand every week, that's not the problem. Check this out:

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/application-for-certificate-of-entry-to-thailand-for-non-thai-nationa?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072de

On 10/7/2020 at 11:30 AM, mrfill said:

If you only have a month won't that be taken up by 15 days in Thai quarantine and 14 days on return to the UK?

There is no quarantine (or self isolation) required when returning to the UK from Thailand.