Seven Sarasas teachers bailed for 8,000 baht each at Nonthaburi court

webfact

Seven Sarasas teachers bailed for 8,000 baht each at Nonthaburi court

1pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News reported the ongoing developments in the case against 13 teachers and nannies after alleged abuse against students at Sarasas Witaed Ratchaphruek School north of Bangkok. 

The media said there are dozens of alleged cases of abuse caught on CCTV.

Teachers called Gift and Mew surrendered to Chaiyapruek Police.

Two called Wan and Ni are suspected of abusing a total of fifteen children.

Yesterday Chaiyapruek police met those who had previously been interviewed. Pol Capt Uthit Asanork took seven to Nonthaburi court in a van. None gave interviews to the media. 

Meanwhile teachers with the name of Gift, Mew and Ing continued to provide evidence to investigators. They were expected to appear in court today.

The seven taken to court yesterday were bailed in the sum of 8,000 baht each as the court noted they had surrendered to investigators and did not represent a flight risk. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-10-07

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Not condoning what happened but let them investigate who did what before jailing anyone.

slight correction if i may  :  Not condoning what MAY have happened . So let them investigate who

did what before jailing anyone

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, mickymouse1 said:

Unfortunately we do not know the exact type of abuse they are talking about but teachers must not be harshly dealt with unless they have committed serious abuse.

The main and initial abuse came from the PARENTS who did not teach their children good manners and how to behave in school etc. Parents tend to blame others for their failure to bring up their kids in a good way and teach them.good behaviour  etc.

I do not think a teacher will single out a child for punishment without a good reason. If you do not like it then keep your precious child at home and conduct home lessons or bring a classy / civilised teacher to do the job. FA

Please have a look at the video evidence and you will be shocked to find out the way these children were treated, covering the head with black garbage bag to frighten the little one, slapping on the face,an example of a father being slapped by his child at home and later telling him' I  love you!!!'......the father asked the child why he was slapping his father?......the child replied..... because the teacher slaps him and then tells him she loves him!... kindergarten children irrespective of manners must be allowed to be mischievous, the tolerance comes from the teachers who are clearly in the wrong here, manners, surely come later in life!! kids are playing and having fun as they should!????

15 hours ago, webfact said:

The seven taken to court yesterday were bailed in the sum of 8,000 baht each

That in itself shows you the true perspective of how child abuse is viewed.

Abuse multiple children 8,000 Baht to avoid jail. (Probably permanently.)

0.4g of Ya Ice, 500,000 to avoid jail. (Temporarily.)

And that explains why teachers aren't worried, even when the story makes National headline news.

Priorities here are all wrong. Probably never dawns on them though, that having been traumatised for their younger years, may well be the reason so many of them turn to drugs as young adults for escape. The victim can't pay that bail though, because what they have done is REALLY bad. Drugs are bad. Child abuse apparently though is OK, especially if you can hush it up.

Those numbers above, don't lie.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, hashmodha said:

kindergarten children irrespective of manners must be allowed to be mischievous, the tolerance comes from the teachers who are clearly in the wrong here, manners, surely come later in life!! kids are playing and having fun as they should!????

I dont teach kindergarten cos it is the worst job in the school. I am a licensed teacher here and back home and no way would I go there. Your comment is that of ignorance. Children should be well mannered at any age. Today's kindergarten kids are born in most cases to the millenials who are entitled enough as it is. I do not approve of the actions of these teachers, but before saying that kids should be allowed to be mischievous maybe you should give teaching kindergarten a try. Maybe then you would retract your comment that borders on ignorance.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1