Flight to UK

EVA was/is offering a £502 return from January. Thai and BA also show daily booking from November. This has been happening all summer with these flights. They simply cancel and move onto the next month. At least with BA you have an option of transferring to Qatar.  EVA do say this -

Covid-related info: EVA Air currently waive rebooking fees once for flights up to the end of this year. We expect they'll extend this policy if travel continues to be distrupted into next year. Thailand has ruled out international tourism until 2021 at the earliest as things stand, but you will get a refund from the airline if the flight needs to be cancelled

On 10/7/2020 at 10:08 AM, Chelseafan said:

Donald Trump said its no worse than the Flu so why would I doubt him?

They'll be flying Biz and I'm led to believe the air is much cleaner in that part of the plane plus no riff-raff coughing and spluttering all over them.

They've both eaten ice-cream before so know what to expect.

Three cracking jokes but being a Chelsea fan one cane never be sure if you are serious or not?

My other half has finally got a ticket back to the UK - she was supposed to follow me back a couple of weeks after I returned in late March, staying back for a family event - and has been stuck ever since.

She's flying with Qatar (heresy for her, as all her family work for Thai..) and is booked to fly on the 12th.

All the airline advice keeps saying things might change with regard to rules, which is worrying her. As far as I can make out all she needs to fly from BKK to LHR is her passport and a passenger locator form for when she arrives in London, after which she needs to quarantine at my house if anyone gets on board when the plane stops at Doha.

- Is there anything else?

9 hours ago, uncle_tom said:

All the airline advice keeps saying things might change with regard to rules, which is worrying her. As far as I can make out all she needs to fly from BKK to LHR is her passport and a passenger locator form for when she arrives in London, after which she needs to quarantine at my house if anyone gets on board when the plane stops at Doha.

- Is there anything else?

Yes, she will currently need to self isolate for 14 days at the address she gives on her passenger locator form, the coment about anyone getting on or off the aircraft probably doesn't apply in yiur wifes case as there will probably be a change of aircraft in Doha.

I don't think there's anything else she'll need, are you collecting her from the airport?

As the airline has advised, things could change at any time, but it's likely that any change could only be for the better.

I suspect you're already aware of the appropriate website, but it's worth checking before departure - Covid-19-travel-corridors

Well - she's just checked in OK. Just in case, she got herself Covid tested yesterday, which was just as well - although they don't say it anywhere online, they are requiring passengers to have a Covid test. This can be done at the airport, but for a mega bucks fee she says..

2 minutes ago, uncle_tom said:

Just in case, she got herself Covid tested yesterday, which was just as well - although they don't say it anywhere online, they are requiring passengers to have a Covid test.

Who is "they" that required this?  Check in staff at a QR desk?  No test required by the airline has been one of the pluses in QR's favour so this appears strange to me.

1 hour ago, treetops said:

Who is "they" that required this?  Check in staff at a QR desk?  No test required by the airline has been one of the pluses in QR's favour so this appears strange to me.

That is also my understanding. I believe you are also correct re-Emirates out of Bangkok. Interestingly I saw someone on a private UK-Thai Facebook group say that he was on the first Etihad flight out of Manchester recently and its was pretty full. Only 4 passengers on the Bangkok leg.

On 10/7/2020 at 10:08 AM, Chelseafan said:

We've discussed all these factors.

Donald Trump said its no worse than the Flu so why would I doubt him?

They'll be flying Biz and I'm led to believe the air is much cleaner in that part of the plane plus no riff-raff coughing and spluttering all over them.

Bon voyage ,  Fly biz . 

Keep the riff -raff /  CCs ,  away . 

You know it makes sense ..555

A note to bear in mind..

After my little lady got safely home, she showed me her phone - filled with images of serious disorder in Bangkok - events, she says, that the government is trying to stifle reporting of.

Portrayed as anti monarchists by the government in an attempt to discredit them, she tells me that they are mainly local people (not bussed in red shirts) who have had their fill of dictatorial government..

Archived