Pattaya "brainstorming" as resort braces for more heavy rain

webfact

I got it. Buy and give away to all residents in flood prone areas.

A sure fire solution  that can also be used during the next Songkran festival.

Hey, this is a better idea than the Pattaya brainstorming group could come up with. lol

Pump.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Pattana said the problem was pipes with not enough diameter and trash blocking the drains. 

Brainwave solutions such as more pumps and using nets to catch the trash were proposed. 

Or you could just pick up the trash before it got to the drains!

They can see where the water hits the beach. Why don't they make overflow drains in those area on the beach and disguise them as mini promenade/peir areas for a few photo ops?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Pattana said the problem was pipes with not enough diameter and trash blocking the drains. 

Hummm.  Now there's something that can't be fixed or maintained.  Nope.  It's the fault of the bad rain. 
"We never saw it coming!" 

<fast forward to Oct 2021>
"Pattana said the problem was pipes with not enough diameter and trash blocking the drains."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, petermik said:

From my balcony looking out towards the sea here off 3rd Road I can see 8 cranes in the process of building other new developments

That's ok.  They'll never be occupied. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

"Pattana said the problem was pipes with not enough diameter and trash blocking the drains" 

Did anyone in Thailand think the diameters of the pipes they've been installing were big enough? Buakhao had a diameter of a football

If memory serves me correctly. When Soi Buakhao road was upgraded, some 10-15 years ago the road was actually a rectangular shaped culvert  approx 6-8 foot high.

The last time I saw a cover removed at the south market area, there was only about 2 feet of free space left, the rest was choked with silt and muck. So pipes were big enough but not maintained.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Did anyone in Thailand think the diameters of the pipes they've been installing were big enough? Buakhao had a diameter of a football

I suspect somebody cut the cost estimate by reducing the size of the pipes to be used. Where those savings went to is another topic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wullie Mercer said:

If memory serves me correctly. When Soi Buakhao road was upgraded, some 10-15 years ago the road was actually a rectangular shaped culvert  approx 6-8 foot high.

The last time I saw a cover removed at the south market area, there was only about 2 feet of free space left, the rest was choked with silt and muck. So pipes were big enough but not maintained.

a few years ago, maybe 2-3 they layed a new drainage pipe along Buakhao which was clearly too narrow

Edited by scubascuba3

On 10/7/2020 at 9:29 AM, webfact said:

deputy mayor Pattana Bunsawat got his teams together for a brainstorming session

They wont find many brains there.

On 10/7/2020 at 9:29 AM, webfact said:

Teams will be posted at the seven crisis spots as well as keeping a close watch on 13 "new" flood prone areas. 

Having a bunch watching will help no end.