Jump to content

Pattaya "brainstorming" as resort braces for more heavy rain


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brainstorming & Pattaya???? Something is clearly not right here.

From my balcony looking out towards the sea here off 3rd Road I can see 8 cranes in the process of building other new developments without any thoughts of increasing the drainage system to cope with t

has this ever happened before?

Posted Images

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Pattana said the problem was pipes with not enough diameter and trash blocking the drains.

This Guy was probably promoted to the Job for his ability to state the bloody Obvious.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

and complained of headaches later. 

Advice from the public to authorities: use brain more often and headaches will go away...

The headaches : maybe.

The monsoon : no. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

"Pattana said the problem was pipes with not enough diameter and trash blocking the drains" 

 

Did anyone in Thailand think the diameters of the pipes they've been installing were big enough? Buakhao had a diameter of a football

If memory serves me correctly. When Soi Buakhao road was upgraded, some 10-15 years ago the road was actually a rectangular shaped culvert  approx 6-8 foot high.

The last time I saw a cover removed at the south market area, there was only about 2 feet of free space left, the rest was choked with silt and muck. So pipes were big enough but not maintained.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Did anyone in Thailand think the diameters of the pipes they've been installing were big enough? Buakhao had a diameter of a football

I suspect somebody cut the cost estimate by reducing the size of the pipes to be used. Where those savings went to is another topic.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wullie Mercer said:

If memory serves me correctly. When Soi Buakhao road was upgraded, some 10-15 years ago the road was actually a rectangular shaped culvert  approx 6-8 foot high.

The last time I saw a cover removed at the south market area, there was only about 2 feet of free space left, the rest was choked with silt and muck. So pipes were big enough but not maintained.

a few years ago, maybe 2-3 they layed a new drainage pipe along Buakhao which was clearly too narrow

Edited by scubascuba3
Link to post
Share on other sites

The word brainstorming was banned at my last place of work in the UK- in case it offended epileptics, there was only one in a staff of 1500!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2020 at 9:29 AM, webfact said:

deputy mayor Pattana Bunsawat got his teams together for a brainstorming session

They wont find many brains there.

 

On 10/7/2020 at 9:29 AM, webfact said:

Teams will be posted at the seven crisis spots as well as keeping a close watch on 13 "new" flood prone areas. 

Having a bunch watching will help no end.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...