Pattaya "brainstorming" as resort braces for more heavy rain

webfact

On 10/7/2020 at 11:05 AM, KhunKenAP said:

I got it. Buy and give away to all residents in flood prone areas.

A sure fire solution  that can also be used during the next Songkran festival.

Hey, this is a better idea than the Pattaya brainstorming group could come up with. lol

Pump.jpg

too small for all the water that falls/flows........

On 10/8/2020 at 9:43 AM, AlfHuy said:

Probably better to rename the title.

Pattaya rain-storming....

I went to picnic with my Thai family in Pattaya Beach yesterday. Fishing and bathing in the warm ocean, and collecting oysters. 

Remember, Buddhists live in the here and now, so they make the best out of every situation. 

Huge downpour? It's been steady rain here on the Darkside. Then it flows down from Khao Talo towards the bright side, goes through the lowland to 3rd road and onwards to the sea. And AFAIK none of that sorely needed freshwater gets stored, all wasted to the sea - once the inadequate draining capacity allows it to flow there. 

https://en-gb.topographic-map.com/maps/s3ma/Pattaya/

The infra is subpar.

Edited by DrTuner

On 10/7/2020 at 10:31 AM, scubascuba3 said:

"Pattana said the problem was pipes with not enough diameter and trash blocking the drains" 

Did anyone in Thailand think the diameters of the pipes they've been installing were big enough? Buakhao had a diameter of a football

Small pipe cheaper, naaa.

Same problem persists in house drains. Because 2" PVC pipe is massive 100baht more expensive than 1". Somchai the superman in action.

Edited by DrTuner

A few months ago i read of the local government issuing a contract to a new garbage collection service because in their trials they have  been doing such a good job of clearing garage bins, all the bins i see in East Pattaya  are rarely emptied, the garbage then goes on to block the drains been that way for 20 years plus ..

On 10/10/2020 at 9:33 AM, actonion said:

A few months ago i read of the local government issuing a contract to a new garbage collection service because in their trials they have  been doing such a good job of clearing garage bins, all the bins i see in East Pattaya  are rarely emptied, the garbage then goes on to block the drains been that way for 20 years plus ..

No complaints about the new lot ,here in Banglamung the bins are emptied twice a week ,doing a really good job