Last week in the Consular team #8

On 10/12/2020 at 11:01 AM, norfolkandchance said:

OP. I believe that the Embassy is involved with the ceremony at Kanchanaburi each year. Could you please tell me we’re the Wreaths are obtained. I wish to Order 2.

You can find out more about Remembrance Day ceremonies and how to participate at https://www.gov.uk/government/news/remembrance-day-in-thailand-sunday-8-november-2020

• Like 1

On 10/7/2020 at 1:58 PM, British Consular Team said:

If there is anything else that you think it would be interesting for us to share please let us know.

Could you tell us what your role is in a medical emergency? Could you cover the scope of your work, and advise members what services you can and cannot provide?

That might make an interesting post all by itself.

9 hours ago, blackcab said:

Could you tell us what your role is in a medical emergency? Could you cover the scope of your work, and advise members what services you can and cannot provide?

Thank you for your suggestion. 

We have created a post about what the embassy can and cannot do to help British nationals here: 

More information about our role when a British national goes into hospital is on page 19 of the guidance. If anything is unclear, please feel free to leave your questions in the post. 

• Thanks 1

Hi I just found Number 8 so just read the previous ones.

I think it's a great idea to heve these reports on here.

What I find the most useful is your accurate stats; for example you processed more than 500 letters for UK ciitizens to apply for further extensions. This gives clarity to some of the posters accounts of trying to obtain these. I find in Thailand and other countries too, accurate, believable stats are hard to come by.

Do you know with any accuracy how many UK citizens are in Thailand right now, or is that hard to collate?

This is a good forum on which to base an active contact with the British communities in Thailand.

Comment on improvement would be that so many of your responses refer to documents or pages that have been previously published.   May I suggest when a document or page is referred to that the link to it is included.

• Like 1