Perfectly legal but can't return: Retiree expat voices frustrations to Thaivisa

webfact

3 hours ago, Youlike said:

Well i had to leave thailand in july to go to Europe because my insurance only covers me for 1 year nonstop....after that i have to set foot in my homecountry or my insurance is invalid.

And yes now it's hard to go back...

That's your situation...nothing to do with Thailand implementing steps to control a pandemic.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, MRToMRT said:

For those questioning travel in March. I, myself, left Thailand in last week of Feb, there was no thought of a Thailand shutdown at that point. At all.

And once you are outside Thailand theres no coverage of Thai news or rumours overseas. I would not spend my holidays signing into here as well.

For those who think we are idiots, I hope something similar happens too you someday. Boot other foot.  

You can't reach the Bangkok Post or Thai Visa for news when you are overseas?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

They were in complete denial about the stupidity of their own actions on here shortly after the lockdown commenced. Blaming everyone except themselves for their own bad decisions.

It was obvious that a lockdown could happen as early as end of Feb so anyone travelling subsequent to that period took a massive risk.

Well, it's not really your home is it? Or are you still in denial about your status here? 

Some people will never learn I guess.

We were all also told by the British Embassy just before the border closures  , "If you need to go anywhere , go now"

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Youlike said:

I think it's right to let the married spouses in first...that's why they were married and you could have done the same if you wanted.

I am in a similar situation to the OP other than I am stuck in Thailand. If I leave, I won't be able to return to my family. I can't marry because of my marital status in the UK which is unresolvable.

Was diagnosed with a serious medical condition in February which requires me to return to the UK for treatment. I look at media articles every day and hope I'm still alive when the situation changes.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, polpott said:

I am in a similar situation to the OP other than I am stuck in Thailand. If I leave, I won't be able to return to my family. I can't marry because of my marital status in the UK which is unresolvable.

Was diagnosed with a serious medical condition in February which requires me to return to the UK for treatment. I look at media articles every day and hope I'm still alive when the situation changes.

Treatment not available in Thailand ?

10 minutes ago, polpott said:

No.

Sounds like BS to me but without knowing what your medical issue is I'll have to believe you I guess.

Good luck with it all and hope you get treatment before you die.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, polpott said:

sorry to hear your plight I feel sad. I hope you go back before ..... well u know. rgs.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

So basically you’re calling him irresponsible when you know <deleted> all about his personal circumstances. 

No I called one of the choices the responsible one. What choice he is making willo define if the person is responsible or irresponsible.

• Like 1