Phuket Postpones Reopening to Foreign Tourists

snoop1130

6 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

I'm quite happy to have another month of being able to pay the electric bill in 7/11 without getting swamped by bus loads of loud and ignorant Chinese tourists.

Would those be the same Chinese tourists that will be paying the Phuket vendors next month? Plenty of the vendors will be <deleted> that the first batch was kept out.

2 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

I'm quite happy to have another month of being able to pay the electric bill in 7/11 without getting swamped by bus loads of loud and ignorant Chinese tourists.

Have you looked at the numbers involved? And these arent going to be the typical bus tours.

• Haha 2

Here's a good documentary from DW about tourism ( or lact thereof) in Sayaulita Mexico right now covering both the side of the locals trying to earn a living, and the fear of MX doctors about the coronavirus.  Note that Mexico is open, but yet few tourists are coming.  

Imagine Mexico required a two week expensive quarantine at the visitors expense, they would have basically no tourism..................  Just like Thailand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrbyyIKariE

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

hardly think 120-150 chinese will change anything here   LOL

• Like 2

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The postponement came after the meeting of provincial officials and tourism operators to create confidence among Thai tourists, who plan to travel to Phuket for the Vegetarian Festival from Oct 17-25.

If the tourists were arriving on the 8th then would they not be confined to quarantine from the 8th to 21st

then proven Covid clear before being allowed out... the Veg fest ends on 25th so should not pose a risk?

Or are they getting cold feet?

• Like 2

If there is 150 Chinese tourists who booked time off from their work and now the trip

is cancelled, there will be 150 unhappy people in that crowd.  I will wait until

things are more back to normal before trying to get to Thailand or anywhere.

Would any of you want this to happen to your holiday plans.

Get your act together Thailand.

Geezer

• Like 2

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Deputy Director-General of the Department of Disease Control Dr. Kajornsak Kaewcharat said the first group of 150 Chinese tourists, earlier scheduled to arrive in Phuket on Oct8 will come after Oct 25

But - wait wait wait!!!  Then we have Loi Kraton and Yee Ping.  How can Thai tourists come to Phuket if those dirty foreigners are in quarantine during Loi Kraton and Yee Ping???  Omg!

Given the number of Thai holidays, tourism should be back on track about.........never.  ????

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Oyyy!!!!!!!  This one is giving me a headache... Back and forth.... On and off.... Again and again. It's mind-numbing!!!

But in the meanwhile......   I know!  Let's drop the quarantine period to 7 days!!! That will get the tourist back for sure. 

???? "But, no tourists have even landed yet let along spend time in quarantine hotels."

Never mind the details.  7 day quarantine!!!  That will save the day!