Please post here about any success or problems applying for the new 60 day amnesty extension

All I can say is that have I seen nothing official about the 60 day extensions.

Reading that article makes me think they are calling applying for a 30 day extension before September 26 or shortly after a 60 day extension. That would really be a total stay of 60 days not a extension if you include the amnesty in October and the 30 day extension in November.

4 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

applied around sept 21.  paid 1900.  got nov 30 this week.  she said, "government...." didn't understand anymore.  sorry will not name where.  i have too many undercover spies looking for me.....luckily English is my 11th best language.  

You're not of much help to people if you can't say what immigration office you visited. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

applied around sept 21.  paid 1900.  got nov 30 this week.  she said, "government...." didn't understand anymore.  sorry will not name where.  i have too many undercover spies looking for me.....luckily English is my 11th best language.  

Thanks, but what I was specifically looking to gather on this thread is people who apply for a 60 day extension this month under the new, as yet unconfirmed, announcement and form

IMG_0346.thumb.jpg.bd1653b922e4166ab49fc.

You applied for a 30 day extension last month which will be upgraded, which is a slightly different situation. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

All I can say is that have I seen nothing official about the 60 day extensions.

Reading that article makes me think they are calling applying for a 30 day extension before September 26 or shortly after a 60 day extension. That would really be a total stay of 60 days not a extension if you include the amnesty in October and the 30 day extension in November.

Yes, and presumably anyone who uses the 60 day application form this month, once it's been confirmed as usable, will get a stamp from 1 November until 30 December. 

Edited by Promula
  • Like 1

I thought I read somewhere (Can't find it now) that the 60 day "Tourist" extension comes into effect 1st November so anybody needing an extension before the end of October will get however many days there are between the date they extend & the 30th November (e.g. apply today & get 42 days). 

Edited by Mike Teavee

3 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

I thought I read somewhere (Can't find it now) that the 60 day "Tourist" extension comes into effect 1st November so anybody needing an extension before the end of October will get however many days there are between the date they extend & the 30th November (e.g. apply today & get 42 days). 

Yep the guy said it in one previous post just above yours... And it was officially confirmed by Immigration in one of those colorful glossy leaflets of theirs.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, sallecc said:

Yep the guy said it in one previous post just above yours... And it was officially confirmed by Immigration in one of those colorful glossy leaflets of theirs.

Nothing has been posted on the immigration websites about the 60 day extension. 

There has not been nothing official that has been announced in writing about it. At this time it does not exist.

The only thing immigration has confirmed that anybody that has applied for a 30 day extension before or after September 26 will be allowed to stay until November 30th since  November 1st will be the first day of the 30 day extension.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Not quite right I think.

Anyone who overstayed last month until the new amnesty was announced, either because they couldn't get an IO appointment or they took a chance on the amnesty extending (I think those are the only two groups, I don't accept that there's a third group that can't leave but couldn't get an embassy letter, because lots of countries are open around the world for them to fly to, and not wanting to go there isn't exactly a valid excuse) should, it sounds like, soon be able to apply for a 60 day extension from the end of the current amnesty i.e. for 1 November to 30 December. Although as Ubonjoe pointed out elsewhere, it may not exist. 

Were I in that camp I'd be trying to do it as soon as possible. 

Edited by Promula

I called Si Sa Ket Immigration and asked by phone; they said i could come end of October with an extension letter to get extended to end of December, which implies they'd do 60-day w/ embassy letter at least. Or possibly the 60-day extension is something in contention for people from hi-risk countries who genuinely need longer amnesty? No concrete answers yet.  I plan to go in person and ask at a couple nearby IOs next week to see whats legit/find further info. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Dragonboat Ronin said:

I called Si Sa Ket Immigration and asked by phone; they said i could come end of October with an extension letter to get extended to end of December

I wonder why you'd need to wait until the end of the month to apply for it.

1 hour ago, Promula said:

I wonder why you'd need to wait until the end of the month to apply for it.

Probably because it is not official yet. Immigration has not issued anything about it that I am aware of. I think it may require a notice or order done by the interior ministry that has to be approved by the cabinet for them to be issued.

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Probably because it is not official yet. Immigration has not issued anything about it that I am aware of. I think it may require a notice or order done by the interior ministry that has to be approved by the cabinet for them to be issued.

Indeed, but they're not doing themselves any favours if their offices  are quiet for the next couple of weeks and then swarming at the end of the month. Deja vu. 

23 minutes ago, Promula said:

Indeed, but they're not doing themselves any favours if their offices  are quiet for the next couple of weeks and then swarming at the end of the month. Deja vu. 

Why would there be many people applying for it at the end of this month. 

If already on an extension you can stay until November 31st. If not you could apply now for an extension to the the 31st of November.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Why would there be many people applying for it at the end of this month. 

If already on an extension you can stay until November 31st. If not you could apply now for an extension to the the 31st of November.

Because they'd rather wait and apply for 60 days, 1 November until 30 December.

Or perhaps they don't have an embassy letter so cannot apply for the 30 November extension now.

It's my understanding that those who overstayed on 26 September and then went onto the new amnesty either have to leave before 31 October or have an embassy letter to get an extension. However, if they can't get an embassy letter then it looks like this affidavit 60 day extension application form, if it becomes official, negates the need for an embassy letter. 

5 minutes ago, Promula said:

Because they'd rather wait and apply for 60 days, 1 November until 30 December.

I cannot keep track of all the posts you have done. I just replied to a topic you posted where you wrote you are on a 90 day entry from non immigrant visa.

You are not on the amnesty now according that topic.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I cannot keep track of all the posts you have done. I just replied to a topic you posted where you wrote you are on a 90 day entry from non immigrant visa.

You are not on the amnesty now according that topic.

Sorry, this thread isn't about my specific situation. It's for general discussion and information gathering about the currently unofficial new 60 day amnesty extension form that people are starting to be given by IOs. 

Edited by Promula

6 minutes ago, Promula said:

Sorry, this thread isn't about my specific situation. It's for general discussion and information gathering about the currently unofficial new 60 day amnesty extension form that people are starting to be given by IOs. 

But your situation is much different than others asking about the 60 day extension since they are already on a 30 day extension or the amnesty until the 31st.

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

But your situation is much different than others asking about the 60 day extension since they are already on a 30 day extension or the amnesty until the 31st.

That's correct. Hence my interest in the subject. If and when they start being offered the 60 day extension using this currently unofficial form, then I'll give it a try to see if someone in my sitation can also get it. 

Edited by Promula
  • Sad 1

Applied for 30 day TV extension before 26 Sep, paid 1900bht got an interim stamp and told to return on the 8th. Returned and got till 30 Nov stamped.

My curiosity is that the stamp clearly states 30 Nov. But they attached a slip in my passport and told me to return again 19 October. When asked why the IO suddenly had poor English. No probs, I've got a repatriation flight home to OZ on the 18th. 

After prepping several changing request re wedding fotos I asked to extend for 1 year and to attend with wife on October 8 , 45 days prior to end of stay

Had bank letter and 2nd Kor ror 2 in amonth after 2 hour queue.

Arrived about 6 other clients.Seen in about an hour.

Result no can do so gave me until Dec 30 FREE and told return 24 days !! before o nDec 6th which is usually a holiday and a Sunday this year.

The officer speaks good English and I double checked his 24 days , makes not matter to me , except I cannot get a banl letter on Sunday 6th and they will not accept letters pre dated , oh and they want 3 months and wedding fotos, unlike some places

Not concerned , just to advise others that whatever the constantly changing rules say it comes down to the person with the stamp in their hand.

I apologise for quality of foto but below the red Istanbul stamp is an extension until Dec 30

d2b7d3f7-9468-4a68-a11f-0db88604824b.jpg

2 hours ago, Promula said:

Thanks. I don't think anyone will be applying for a 60 day-er this month. There's no need to. 

I take that back. I wasn't thinking straight.

As regards 2530Ubon's very optimistic opinion that an embassy letter isn't required and everyone will get a 60 day extension, I urge caution, some reading between the lines, and to get an embassy letter if possible.

Why? Because the new form has a "embassy letter not available" tickbox option. They wouldn't put that tickbox on the form if having an embassy letter or not is completely irrelevant. I think having an embassy letter will guarantee an automatic 60 day extension.

By ticking the "couldn't get an embassy letter" box, the IO is likely to use some discretion and examine your situation. If your main reason for applying is not wanting to leave Thailand (as it would be if for example you were applying to extend a visa exempt stamp for 30 days) I think they're going to give serious consideration as to why they should let you remain for another two months for this reason when you've already been here 8-9 months as a "tourist".

Edited by Promula