Please post here about any success or problems applying for the new 60 day amnesty extension

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

applied around sept 21.  paid 1900.  got nov 30 this week.  she said, "government...." didn't understand anymore.  sorry will not name where.  i have too many undercover spies looking for me.....lucki

It only took me 15 minutes - I have an under consideration stamp for 2 weeks. Have to go back Nov 5th for the official stamp. Needed; 3,900 baht, photo, passport copies, proof of address and this form

Thanks, but what I was specifically looking to gather on this thread is people who apply for a 60 day extension this month under the new, as yet unconfirmed, announcement and form   .  

Posted Images

All I can say is that have I seen nothing official about the 60 day extensions.

Reading that article makes me think they are calling applying for a 30 day extension before September 26 or shortly after a 60 day extension. That would really be a total stay of 60 days not a extension if you include the amnesty in October and the 30 day extension in November.

4 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

applied around sept 21.  paid 1900.  got nov 30 this week.  she said, "government...." didn't understand anymore.  sorry will not name where.  i have too many undercover spies looking for me.....luckily English is my 11th best language.  

You're not of much help to people if you can't say what immigration office you visited. 

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

applied around sept 21.  paid 1900.  got nov 30 this week.  she said, "government...." didn't understand anymore.  sorry will not name where.  i have too many undercover spies looking for me.....luckily English is my 11th best language.  

Thanks, but what I was specifically looking to gather on this thread is people who apply for a 60 day extension this month under the new, as yet unconfirmed, announcement and form

IMG_0346.thumb.jpg.bd1653b922e4166ab49fc.

You applied for a 30 day extension last month which will be upgraded, which is a slightly different situation. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
15 minutes ago, Promula said:

You applied for a 30 day extension last month which will be upgraded, which is a slightly different situation. 

my bad

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

All I can say is that have I seen nothing official about the 60 day extensions.

Reading that article makes me think they are calling applying for a 30 day extension before September 26 or shortly after a 60 day extension. That would really be a total stay of 60 days not a extension if you include the amnesty in October and the 30 day extension in November.

Yes, and presumably anyone who uses the 60 day application form this month, once it's been confirmed as usable, will get a stamp from 1 November until 30 December. 

Edited by Promula
  • Like 1

I thought I read somewhere (Can't find it now) that the 60 day "Tourist" extension comes into effect 1st November so anybody needing an extension before the end of October will get however many days there are between the date they extend & the 30th November (e.g. apply today & get 42 days). 

Edited by Mike Teavee
3 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

I thought I read somewhere (Can't find it now) that the 60 day "Tourist" extension comes into effect 1st November so anybody needing an extension before the end of October will get however many days there are between the date they extend & the 30th November (e.g. apply today & get 42 days). 

Yep the guy said it in one previous post just above yours... And it was officially confirmed by Immigration in one of those colorful glossy leaflets of theirs.

• Thanks 1
55 minutes ago, sallecc said:

Yep the guy said it in one previous post just above yours... And it was officially confirmed by Immigration in one of those colorful glossy leaflets of theirs.

Nothing has been posted on the immigration websites about the 60 day extension. 

There has not been nothing official that has been announced in writing about it. At this time it does not exist.

The only thing immigration has confirmed that anybody that has applied for a 30 day extension before or after September 26 will be allowed to stay until November 30th since  November 1st will be the first day of the 30 day extension.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Not quite right I think.

Anyone who overstayed last month until the new amnesty was announced, either because they couldn't get an IO appointment or they took a chance on the amnesty extending (I think those are the only two groups, I don't accept that there's a third group that can't leave but couldn't get an embassy letter, because lots of countries are open around the world for them to fly to, and not wanting to go there isn't exactly a valid excuse) should, it sounds like, soon be able to apply for a 60 day extension from the end of the current amnesty i.e. for 1 November to 30 December. Although as Ubonjoe pointed out elsewhere, it may not exist. 

Were I in that camp I'd be trying to do it as soon as possible. 

Edited by Promula