Tex Mex in Ban Waen

nivram4491

I buy my fruit and vegetables at Bantawai market every Wednesday. Today I was very surprised to find nearby a new restaurant in the middle of nowhere. It is a Mexican restaurant called Tex Mex. The restaurant is huge (seats more than 60) and brand new. It's in a very quiet area and would be perfect for a large group celebration for people who love Mexican food.

I have little experience with Mexican food and it is not my favorite so I would like others to comment on the food.

The location is 18°41'31.7"N 98°56'39.8"E and there is lots of parking available.

It shows on Google Maps and looking there have been 9 reviews with a 4.9 rating out of 5, so it seems to be liked. Reading the reviews it appears it's been there for at least 2 months.

Conservative use of the plate....  ????  (Looks like some promo pics)

Tex Mex.jpg

• Haha 1

You're right it's in the middle of nowhere, hard to find if you don't know the place.

Tested it yesterday, my only experience is a few TexMex when I was in Houston, I would say it's similar though not so spicy to my taste.

Attached the Restaurant Flyer.

2020 10 Tex Mex Ban Tawai.jpg

Edited by egypte
Corrected Typo

On 10/10/2020 at 12:10 PM, egypte said:

You're right it's in the middle of nowhere, hard to find if you don't know the place.

Tested it yesterday, my only experience is a few TexMex when I was in Houston, I would say it's similar though not so spicy to my taste.

Attached the Restaurant Flyer.

2020 10 Tex Mex Ban Tawai.jpg

May I ask, what you ordered? I don't see any pricing for the fajitas, perhaps there's a backside to the menu?

Curious as to what 'Taxes Style' might be.....  ????

2 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

May I ask, what you ordered? I don't see any pricing for the fajitas, perhaps there's a backside to the menu?

Curious as to what 'Taxes Style' might be.....  ????

You don't see pricing for the fajitas?  Look again, old man.

And you want to make snarky comments about Thais misspelling Texas - when you misspelled the misspelling on the menu, lol?  (It says "Taxas" on the menu, not "Taxes".)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheAppletons said:

You don't see pricing for the fajitas?  Look again, old man.

And you want to make snarky comments about Thais misspelling Texas - when you misspelled the misspelling on the menu, lol?  (It says "Taxas" on the menu, not "Taxes".)

You're correct, I missed the fajita price as now at home and using my large screen I see I overlooked it while on my phone, my mistake.

......and auto-correct got me for the 'taxes' so go ahead and ridicule me all you want, my skin is pretty thick.

BTW, what did you order or did you just want to get your jollies off by replying to my post?

What I ordered is totally irrelevant, I am just passing information, you don't like it that's fine with me.

As for your other comments just read the posts before writing comments that have nothing to do with

the informations given to those who may have some interests in the posts.

Have a nice day.

1 hour ago, egypte said:

What I ordered is totally irrelevant, I am just passing information, you don't like it that's fine with me.

As for your other comments just read the posts before writing comments that have nothing to do with

the informations given to those who may have some interests in the posts.

Have a nice day.

So sorry to ruffle your feathers and hurt your feelers, I was just curious as what you ordered and was wondering if it was any good. I guess I should had known better not to try to get any info from someone who has been in Houston. The best thing to come out of Houston isn't an opinion it's I-45.

Menu prices look reasonable and the food looks tasty, however would seem to take a lot of customers to support such a large number of items.  I love mexican food in all its variations, such as tex mex, colorado mex, new mexico and even most california styles..  Of course authentic mexican regional ones as well.  I have to say that getting the spices and hence the flavors as found in the us and mexico is difficult here in Thailand I have found impossible but would love to try this one,  where is it located , Baan Waen that is.

I didn't see ceviche on the menu but it wasn't that easy to read for me either. Does anyone know of a Thai dish similar to ceviche? All of the ingredients seem like they are easily found in Thailand. I have seen online recipes for Thai ceviche but they all seem like fusion dishes and not original Thai dishes. I have had laab neua made with raw beef and once had an Issan dish made with raw duck but I'm not sure if the duck was actually raw. Also the ceviche process of cooking using the acid in the lime juice may only work on seafood.

2 hours ago, nivram4491 said:

image.png.5da712ae0e190f79410cac839fc1869a.png

Coming from Chiang Mai turn left at the last set of traffic lights before Kad Farang. Then follow the map. The first right turn is after about 800 m. The total distance from the traffic light is 2.0 km

Perhaps a link to Google Maps would have been easier?

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Tex+Mex+Cafe'/@18.6920508,98.9444001,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xf9d7e2aab0f90432!8m2!3d18.6920508!4d98.9444001