I'm feeling like boss is taking advantage of my Fiance.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If she's still got a job and no massive pay cut due to Covid, I'd leave it alone.    

Yes, i agree, this could be because of the difference between thai and western man thinking. She is an adult, let her sort it out unless she asks for your opinion or help.

2500 to just unlock and open the door is a very generous offer, to then now make that 3000 baht for being 1KM away is even brilliant. It seems that you are the problem here, not her boss and not her e

Posted Images

Posted (edited)

2 is 1. I think you  are Thai?  Thanks for your and everyone's opinion.   

She did have month off at 1/3 salary    maybe month of 1/2 salary but now i think full  salary .  

So she now makes about 100 baht extra to go unlock door.  Maybe there are many others who would do this.  But first off they would need ro live close by in expensive Thonglor or it would not be a good deal.  Secondly her boss doesn't even trust the cleaning crew or security guard to unlock the door.  

No other employee lives so close.  I see she has power to bargain for more.  I would be happy if she didn't have this extra  job.  I would  send her 3000 of she told him no. 

Why does everyone acknowledg that's the rich make too much money and do not pay their workers but yet they are unwilling to ask for more when they are justified

I should add that I didn't mind the 2500 baht when it was only a 100 m walk each way.  That's like 75 baht  a day.  but I think the 500 baht addition now that it's one km each way is an insult and abuse on my fiance. 

This boss is a very rich man.  Just so you know he isn't struggling.    I say  play the bargaining  game for something like 7500 a month.  If he won't agree to 5500 or more tell him she will stop doing it.  

Edited by Elkski

Tell her not more to do the "open door-lock door" service and pay her, what she gets from her boss for this service.

Problem solved.

3 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

Tell her not more to do the "open door-lock door" service and pay her, what she gets from her boss for this service.

Problem solved.

Yes, I feel it would be worth 3,000 baht from me so she has 30 extra  hours each month to exercise, study English  and eat healthy  food.  But i also wanted to help prepare her for the real World in America if and when we get our K1 visa.  Thai people need to learn to "stand up and take their share!"  Tracy chapman

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
2 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

To add: Actually the 3000 baht itself, could pay for the rent of a basic room near the office, or at least a big chunk of it. Insane to make this an issue, if living from a Thai perspective and Thai economy. There would be people sleeping in the office for that money.

Have you priced the rent in Thonglor?  A fan room is 5000 baht.    Condors 15 000 for dumps.   Also it's not just a simple job.  This job  needs to be done at a certain  time everyday.   It requires the boss to have ultimate trust in someone.  That  is not easy to find. 

• Sad 1
2 minutes ago, Elkski said:

Yes, I feel it would be worth 3,000 baht from me so she has 30 extra  hours each month to exercise, study English  and eat healthy  food.  But i also wanted to help prepare her for the real World in America if and when we get our K1 visa.  Thai people need to learn to "stand up and take their share!"  Tracy chapman

You will regret that if it results in your wife losing her 20 year existing job. You clearly do not get the Thai (office) culture. Leave it to her and stop forcing up what you think she better been doing.

In fact, if she really liked to, she been studying English in the hour before work there, exercise could be done too.....

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Elkski said:

Have you priced the rent in Thonglor?  A fan room is 5000 baht.    Condors 15 000 for dumps.   Also it's not just a simple job.  This job  needs to be done at a certain  time everyday.   It requires the boss to have ultimate trust in someone.  That  is not easy to find. 

Yes I know the rents in Thonglor and you clearly do not know that end too well either. There are rooms that match salaries in that area too, decent and basic studio rooms from 3000 a month. You just never bothered to find one. Also you said the location only changed 1KM...

She is a Thai with a 20 year existing job, not a retiree wanting a 2 bedroom duplex condo from 2016.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Confused 1
6 minutes ago, Elkski said:

Also it's not just a simple job.  This job  needs to be done at a certain  time everyday.   It requires the boss to have ultimate trust in someone.  That  is not easy to find. 

That is exactly the point, if she suddenly refuses to do that, because some farang is thinking he knows how everyone should stand up, she is out the door.

• Like 2