I'm feeling like boss is taking advantage of my Fiance.

Elkski

1 hour ago, Elkski said:

The fact most if not all of you think it improper she should  even bring this up with her boss  shocks me and leaves a large blackeye on Thailand.   No wonder the well to do want too quash down these young people  who protest for change. 

If you want start a revolution and fight for the rights of the workers against the employers

feel free to start this in your own country, the USA, where afaik there is a lot to do

in this matter.

We westerners aren't the ones in position to force the Thais to do something if they don't

want to do it,

What shocks me (And reading this topic obviously i am not the only one but hey maybe you are right and all of us are wrong?) is the fact you try to do this with your future wife putting her in a high risk zone, while you are in the comfort of your country with 0 risks.

You haven't answered to me about your age, but it seems you have still a lot to learn

about life

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 2

High  risk zone?   

Yes i see the brainwashing in Thailand is very good.   If a worker can not even talk to the manager of a company about issues and you dont see this as bad?  Obviously you are to old and forgot how to think for yourself.  

I have told you  i have stopped trying to influence my fiance  on this.   I still vehemently disagree on this.   I actually even think my email  ti this US educated rich business owner would have been beneficial.   I think he cares about this long term employee and all of them.  I think he would be happy to know she has found a real man who would step in to defend her honor.   

Edited by Elkski
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Elkski said:

High  risk zone?   

Yes i see the brainwashing in Thailand is very good.   If a worker can not even talk to the manager of a company about issues and you dont see this as bad?  Obviously you are to old and forgot how to think for yourself.  

I am old enough and i know how to think for myself thank you

and it's why i know it's not a good thing to push someone to take the risk

to be fired, particularly when there is a shortage of jobs and the most important

particularly when the person is not interested at all to do this

it's pretty basic but it seems for some reasons you don't understand the whole concept

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Elkski said:

You need to understand and accept that cultures around the world are different; the accept part being very important, especially if you want to have a relationship with a person from another culture.

You and I may find things stupid in Thai culture and a Thai may find things stupid in the US culture. And it is not only western and developing countries that differ. In Denmark, we let babies sleep outdoor in a baby carriage; in the USA, you can get arrested for that. In the US, an ordinary citizen can carry mass murder weapons in the streets, in most other western countries, you get arrested for that.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2020 at 10:05 PM, Elkski said:

Yes, I feel it would be worth 3,000 baht from me so she has 30 extra  hours each month to exercise, study English  and eat healthy  food.  But i also wanted to help prepare her for the real World in America if and when we get our K1 visa.  Thai people need to learn to "stand up and take their share!"  Tracy chapman

I would respectfully advise that you cease trying to dominate her way of thinking, her small amount of independence, her valued job and salary in these trying times - and instead, support her, help her and maybe, even get off your <deleted> and take her.

You sound more like her employer than her boyfriend.

Who are you to make all her decisions?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

OP definitely comes across as a bit of a control freak. That is not healthy for a relationship, unless you want a partner who is submissive and isn't an equal. I suspect that's really what it's about. 

Edited by MarkyM3
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

How would you feel if your fiance works close to 60 hours a week and all of a sudden for 500 baht more needs to work closer to 70?    Maybe this is a control issue.   You people  are all so wrong.    A man  does not say nothing when his SO is being overworked.   Yes she is willing.  I learned early on in career to think of myself first at the job.  To a boss you are just another tool to make the company money. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Elkski said:

How would you feel if your fiance works close to 60 hours a week and all of a sudden for 500 baht more needs to work closer to 70?    Maybe this is a control issue.   You people  are all so wrong.    A man  does not say nothing when his SO is being overworked.   Yes she is willing.  I learned early on in career to think of myself first at the job.  To a boss you are just another tool to make the company money. 

And how you feel, when she lose the job because of your suggestions?

Now with her age (in Thailand with about 40 years of age it's not easy to find a new job) and with the actual covid pandemie it's even worse for find a new job. You also have to think that this is in the culture here. If you not like it, then this is up to you.. but you would maybe destroy her working career in Thailand. If she then can go to US afterwards then it's not that bad, but what you will do if the K1 will not be granted and then she have to stay in Thailand without a job, or maybe with a much lower salary, because she was following your suggestion?

It's never that easy.. this is not US or Europe!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Elkski said:

i am afraid it's a lost cause with you

you don't even realize how far you are totally auto centered

it's not you, your work, your mind and so on here, it's HER

she already said to you she is happy with that and she doesnt'

want you interfer in this matter, what do you not understand exactly

in what she said to you ?

• Thanks 1

I've told you i have backed off this.   I am thinking in a few weeks she will realize this isn't so fun.  If not then she is more amazing than I thought.   If she lost job I can easily support her and me for the rest of our lives.  Sorry some of you are so short on funds.   Her getting fired doesn't cause any fear or worry for me. 

5 minutes ago, Elkski said:

I've told you i have backed off this.   I am thinking in a few weeks she will realize this isn't so fun.  If not then she is more amazing than I thought.   If she lost job I can easily support her and me for the rest of our lives.  Sorry some of you are so short on funds.   Her getting fired doesn't cause any fear or worry for me. 

Then buy a house in her name and support her end of the story. Doesn't sound too much of an abuse walking one kilometer a day for 3000 baht/month, at least she won't become a fat ass. There's people who walk 5km everyday, every morning and for free???? geez..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Elkski said:

How does she feel about being fired from a job because of you?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

How does she feel about being fired from a job because of you?

I can already feel her actual feeling

'' farang ting tong, tink too mut, make problem too mut all the time

why him can not just keep calm and be happy? i don't understand farang...''

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

I can already feel her actual feeling

'' farang ting tong, tink too mut, make problem too mut all the time

why him can not just keep calm and be happy? i don't understand farang...''

Thats going through her head whilst her thai husband spoons her after a session.

• Haha 1

for a Thai person, work is also often their social life...

Many enjoy it, they go there to be with their workmates / friends and have this huge support network.........it’s not all about work for money type thinking, that you obviously have.

i can clearly understand from your discourse that you have no idea 

Of Thai culture.....stay out of it.......if you think she’s not earning enough supplement that with an extra hundred baht a day that will make her happy.......you’re so rich what the hell......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

when it comes to giving money to make thai lady happy - 

It is always if a thailady is with you that means she is getting more money from you  then all her ex thai boyfriend, husband , farang bf or farang husband.   The moment they will find a richer one they will fly away . 555

this is just my observation . 

33 minutes ago, farang85 said:

when it comes to giving money to make thai lady happy - 

It is always if a thailady is with you that means she is getting more money from you  then all her ex thai boyfriend, husband , farang bf or farang husband.   The moment they will find a richer one they will fly away . 555

this is just my observation . 

I guess if the only thing a guy has going for him, is the amount in his wallet, then yes that would be a risk he runs with any woman

9 hours ago, Elkski said:

Ah, so you would make her feel like a prostitute being paid to be with a farang. Being rich isn't the answer to everything. Some people have self pride and want to make their own way in life.

IMO stop thinking like a farang and consider how she feels as a Thai person.

Keep it up and she'll lose her job and then she'll dump you for losing it for her.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Elkski said:

No wonder you want to take her to the US to live. IMO you understand little about Thainess.

How would you feel if she started telling you what to do?

• Like 1