UK doctors who can sign the Non lmmigrant O-A medical form

Does anyone know of anywhere to get the medical form signed of in the UK ?

I know some people get it done in Thailand but I am in the UK so if anyone can help I would be grateful.

My local doctors surgery will not.

Just visit few clinics. Download form. It's a nonsense. Most will stamp it zero issues 

Added note. If your plan is to obtain non O-A in order to enter Thailand, I would wait a month to see how successful that turns out to be. My guess zero.

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Just visit few clinics. Download form. It's a nonsense. Most will stamp it zero issues 

Added note. If your plan is to obtain non O-A in order to enter Thailand, I would wait a month to see how successful that turns out to be. My guess zero.

I have had little success in searching so have posted here. 

Thai Embassy in London have suggested if I want to return to Thailand to apply for this visa.

10 minutes ago, mlkik said:

Thai Embassy in London have suggested if I want to return to Thailand to apply for this visa.

There have been reports that some online doctors will do it just a matter of phoning around, 

• Confused 1
18 minutes ago, mlkik said:

If you really want the medical test done by the book just Google 'nhs in uk'. Every proper clinic can also do this. One urine sample plus the TB- test is what's needed. The other 3 diseases in the list are just visual checks. 

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, mlkik said:

this place does them. it.s listed

https://www.londondoctorsclinic.co.uk/services/immigration-visa-medicals/

How much does it cost?

Our Thai visa medical costs just £90. Please note, any further tests such as ECG or blood tests would be at additional cost. If a chest x-ray is required, we will refer you to one of our partner clinics with prices starting from £75.

Edited by howerde
MISSING TEXT
43 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Why would anyone do a medical test for an O-A Visa in Thailand when you can only apply for the visa in your home country? 

Because it’s cheap and easy to get the certificate. 

2 hours ago, mlkik said:

Does anyone know of anywhere to get the medical form signed of in the UK ?

For a repatriation flight, to certificates regarding to your health are required:

1. Fit-to-fly certificate, issued by a medical doctor
  2. Covid-19 (SARS-CoV-2) negative test result

Am I correct in assuming that your question refers to the fit-to-fly certificate?

6 hours ago, Maestro said:

Am I correct in assuming that your question refers to the fit-to-fly certificate?

He will need that and the medical medical for the OA visa application.

This is the medical certificate for the OA visa application. http://thaiembdc.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Medical-Certificate-Form-For-Non-Immigrant-O-A-Long-Stay-Only.pdf (could not find one on the London embassy site)

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

He will need that and the medical medical for the OA visa application.

This is the medical certificate for the OA visa application. http://thaiembdc.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Medical-Certificate-Form-For-Non-Immigrant-O-A-Long-Stay-Only.pdf (could not find one on the London embassy site)

I got a copy of the "London" one, its exactly the same but without the final address line for the doctor. 

9 hours ago, howerde said:

this place does them. it.s listed

https://www.londondoctorsclinic.co.uk/services/immigration-visa-medicals/

How much does it cost?

Our Thai visa medical costs just £90. Please note, any further tests such as ECG or blood tests would be at additional cost. If a chest x-ray is required, we will refer you to one of our partner clinics with prices starting from £75.

I emailed them and got a strange answer that left me questioning the "final price". They said "a chest x-ray will be required to rule out tuberculosis and blood/urine test to rule out syphilis." 

So I never used them. Not sure if the requirement for the tests was because of my age (old) though.

Edited by MRToMRT
15 hours ago, Max69xl said:

If you really want the medical test done by the book just Google 'nhs in uk'. Every proper clinic can also do this. One urine sample plus the TB- test is what's needed. The other 3 diseases in the list are just visual checks. 

I was in Canada a couple of years ago and went to a local private doctors clinic to get that form signed off. I asked the Doc to please sign it and I would be on my merry way. He refused. He told me that the leprosy test would take two weeks to get the results and that the elephantiasis test results would take the same length of time. I gave up.

3 minutes ago, toolpush said:

I was in Canada a couple of years ago and went to a local private doctors clinic to get that form signed off. I asked the Doc to please sign it and I would be on my merry way. He refused. He told me that the leprosy test would take two weeks to get the results and that the elephantiasis test results would take the same length of time. I gave up.

No proper doctor would run tests for leprosy, elephantiasis and syphilis stage 3. No one in any western country have any of those diseases these days. Any doctor with half a brain knows that and would only concentrate on the urine sample to check if you are a drug addict and the TB-test. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 10/8/2020 at 9:51 AM, Max69xl said:

No proper doctor would run tests for leprosy, elephantiasis and syphilis stage 3. No one in any western country have any of those diseases these days. Any doctor with half a brain knows that and would only concentrate on the urine sample to check if you are a drug addict and the TB-test. 

I did the same search last year in The Netherlands. My family doctor said "I do not have the tools" so I can not sign. Medical health organisations in The Netherlands will do it if one pay for all necessary investigations. I did already a appeal, in this forum before, Dutch people about this and no answers. 

• Like 1

I wonder how long the medical certificate for the OA visa is valid for. Currently there is a backlog of people in the UK for the COE, so you could be waiting for months (see post number 2). Bottleneck is how many places in ASQ.