UK doctors who can sign the Non lmmigrant O-A medical form

Does anyone know of anywhere to get the medical form signed of in the UK ?

I know some people get it done in Thailand but I am in the UK so if anyone can help I would be grateful.

My local doctors surgery will not.

Just visit few clinics. Download form. It's a nonsense. Most will stamp it zero issues 

Added note. If your plan is to obtain non O-A in order to enter Thailand, I would wait a month to see how successful that turns out to be. My guess zero.

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Just visit few clinics. Download form. It's a nonsense. Most will stamp it zero issues 

Added note. If your plan is to obtain non O-A in order to enter Thailand, I would wait a month to see how successful that turns out to be. My guess zero.

I have had little success in searching so have posted here. 

Thai Embassy in London have suggested if I want to return to Thailand to apply for this visa.

10 minutes ago, mlkik said:

Thai Embassy in London have suggested if I want to return to Thailand to apply for this visa.

There have been reports that some online doctors will do it just a matter of phoning around, 

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, mlkik said:

If you really want the medical test done by the book just Google 'nhs in uk'. Every proper clinic can also do this. One urine sample plus the TB- test is what's needed. The other 3 diseases in the list are just visual checks. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, mlkik said:

this place does them. it.s listed

https://www.londondoctorsclinic.co.uk/services/immigration-visa-medicals/

How much does it cost?

Our Thai visa medical costs just £90. Please note, any further tests such as ECG or blood tests would be at additional cost. If a chest x-ray is required, we will refer you to one of our partner clinics with prices starting from £75.

Edited by howerde
MISSING TEXT

2 hours ago, mlkik said:

Does anyone know of anywhere to get the medical form signed of in the UK ?

For a repatriation flight, to certificates regarding to your health are required:

1. Fit-to-fly certificate, issued by a medical doctor
  2. Covid-19 (SARS-CoV-2) negative test result

Am I correct in assuming that your question refers to the fit-to-fly certificate?

6 hours ago, Maestro said:

Am I correct in assuming that your question refers to the fit-to-fly certificate?

He will need that and the medical medical for the OA visa application.

This is the medical certificate for the OA visa application. http://thaiembdc.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Medical-Certificate-Form-For-Non-Immigrant-O-A-Long-Stay-Only.pdf (could not find one on the London embassy site)

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

He will need that and the medical medical for the OA visa application.

This is the medical certificate for the OA visa application. http://thaiembdc.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Medical-Certificate-Form-For-Non-Immigrant-O-A-Long-Stay-Only.pdf (could not find one on the London embassy site)

I got a copy of the "London" one, its exactly the same but without the final address line for the doctor. 

9 hours ago, howerde said:

this place does them. it.s listed

https://www.londondoctorsclinic.co.uk/services/immigration-visa-medicals/

How much does it cost?

Our Thai visa medical costs just £90. Please note, any further tests such as ECG or blood tests would be at additional cost. If a chest x-ray is required, we will refer you to one of our partner clinics with prices starting from £75.

I emailed them and got a strange answer that left me questioning the "final price". They said "a chest x-ray will be required to rule out tuberculosis and blood/urine test to rule out syphilis." 

So I never used them. Not sure if the requirement for the tests was because of my age (old) though.

Edited by MRToMRT

15 hours ago, Max69xl said:

If you really want the medical test done by the book just Google 'nhs in uk'. Every proper clinic can also do this. One urine sample plus the TB- test is what's needed. The other 3 diseases in the list are just visual checks. 

I was in Canada a couple of years ago and went to a local private doctors clinic to get that form signed off. I asked the Doc to please sign it and I would be on my merry way. He refused. He told me that the leprosy test would take two weeks to get the results and that the elephantiasis test results would take the same length of time. I gave up.

3 minutes ago, toolpush said:

I was in Canada a couple of years ago and went to a local private doctors clinic to get that form signed off. I asked the Doc to please sign it and I would be on my merry way. He refused. He told me that the leprosy test would take two weeks to get the results and that the elephantiasis test results would take the same length of time. I gave up.

No proper doctor would run tests for leprosy, elephantiasis and syphilis stage 3. No one in any western country have any of those diseases these days. Any doctor with half a brain knows that and would only concentrate on the urine sample to check if you are a drug addict and the TB-test. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/8/2020 at 9:51 AM, Max69xl said:

No proper doctor would run tests for leprosy, elephantiasis and syphilis stage 3. No one in any western country have any of those diseases these days. Any doctor with half a brain knows that and would only concentrate on the urine sample to check if you are a drug addict and the TB-test. 

I did the same search last year in The Netherlands. My family doctor said "I do not have the tools" so I can not sign. Medical health organisations in The Netherlands will do it if one pay for all necessary investigations. I did already a appeal, in this forum before, Dutch people about this and no answers. 

• Like 1

I wonder how long the medical certificate for the OA visa is valid for. Currently there is a backlog of people in the UK for the COE, so you could be waiting for months (see post number 2). Bottleneck is how many places in ASQ.

3 hours ago, rickudon said:

I wonder how long the medical certificate for the OA visa is valid for. Currently there is a backlog of people in the UK for the COE, so you could be waiting for months (see post number 2). Bottleneck is how many places in ASQ.

The medical certificate is valid for 3 months and the Embassy will process the visa within 2 weeks.

Where do you get the information regarding a backlog for COE? The Thai Embassy are not even organising repatriation flights now as 12 airlines are allowed to fly London to Bangkok.

I have had replies from 18 hotels that have rooms available for ASQ so no bottleneck.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2020 at 3:10 AM, rickudon said:

Total nonsence I am afraid. The COE in London is now an online painless process in 2 stages. They quote 6 days in total for processing but I had mine in 2 days. Plenty of ASQ hotels available now, I cant remember the exact number but its aporoaching 100 soon

• Like 1

On 10/10/2020 at 6:46 AM, mlkik said:

The medical certificate is valid for 3 months and the Embassy will process the visa within 2 weeks.

Where do you get the information regarding a backlog for COE? The Thai Embassy are not even organising repatriation flights now as 12 airlines are allowed to fly London to Bangkok.

I have had replies from 18 hotels that have rooms available for ASQ so no bottleneck.

Totally agree. I suggest that anyone who is thinking of getting an OA and is currently in Thailand ie Pattaya. Just print out the certificate and go to one of those clinics on Pattaya Tai. Normally 100 to 150 baht for a medical, but they will sign the OA one for a small tip on top. Just get them to leave the date empty and you can then fill it in yourself whenever you want when you apply in your home country.

Edited by jimn
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, jimn said:

Just get them to leave the date empty and you can then fill it in yourself whenever you want when you apply in your home country.

It is supposed to be not more than 3 months old and you seem to be recommending fraud as a means to applying for an O-A Visa.

On 10/12/2020 at 10:35 AM, jimn said:

Totally agree. I suggest that anyone who is thinking of getting an OA and is currently in Thailand ie Pattaya. Just print out the certificate and go to one of those clinics on Pattaya Tai. Normally 100 to 150 baht for a medical, but they will sign the OA one for a small tip on top. Just get them to leave the date empty and you can then fill it in yourself whenever you want when you apply in your home country.

What will you answer the embassy officer when he ask how you get this Thai certificate?

2 hours ago, Max Brok said:

What will you answer the embassy officer when he ask how you get this Thai certificate?

Why would they ask me that? Its all done online now and scanned. How do they care as long as its under 3 months old

On 10/7/2020 at 10:19 PM, mlkik said:

My local doctors surgery will not.

Some local surgeries will do it, my GP signed the form in 2016 after looking back over my medical history, and a quick turn with the stethoscope - I was charged the standard £15 NHS fee for such letters or documents.

Having said that, he looked at the form with some bafflement and seemed to be on the fence about signing it for a moment - I'm not confident other GPs in the surgery would have agreed to sign it. 

56 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

Some local surgeries will do it, my GP signed the form in 2016 after looking back over my medical history, and a quick turn with the stethoscope - I was charged the standard £15 NHS fee for such letters or documents.

Having said that, he looked at the form with some bafflement and seemed to be on the fence about signing it for a moment - I'm not confident other GPs in the surgery would have agreed to sign it. 

I have an appointment next Monday at my local surgery and the cost is 40 quid for the examination and form filled out.