Jump to content
BANGKOK
carlyai

Anthracite or Zeolite?

Recommended Posts

What is a better aquifer water filter combination for my portable water, Anthracite and Echo Clear or Zeolite and Echo Clear?

My water is not hard and has a lot of iron content that precipitates out when the water contacts air.

From what I've read Zeolite is a better filter medium than Anthracite, but I'm not sure of the best combination.

 

I have a 3000 L settlement tank into two 1252 filters (one will contain Echo Clear and the other Anthracite or Zeolite). Then into a big blue filter. This is for our general use water, then into a multi-stage RO unit for our drinking water.

I went to Global House to buy 2 bags of Anthracite and they said Zeolite was the same or did the same job, but they are not as one is carbon bases and one sand based.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are using the correct "Eco Clear" it does just as good as Zeolite for removal of metals. So I would go for Anthracite!

 

Anthracite is very hard carbon and won't take out metals. Only smell & some bacteria.

 

Zeolite is not sand based. It is actually crystal. It has a cage like structure and attracts iron & magnesium.

If you have a lot of iron the zeolite will clog up and needs to be recharged with brine or replaced. 

 

Cheers

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks very much Bagwain. Very knowledgable young man as I've looked everywhere for answers and you are the one with the answers. 🙂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was someone coming up to the Kalasin area so I got them to bring up some Echo Clear media.

I replaced one of the 1252 filter tanks with Anthracite and the other 1252 tank with Echo Clear. 

 

Moved to the pool filter and emptied out the sand, and replaced with 2 grades of Echo Clear.

 

Hopefully they'll both outlast me. 🙂

The Echo Clear glass looks very similar to the bubbles in our aquaponics Bubble Bead Filter, but jagged and not spherical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, carlyai said:

There was someone coming up to the Kalasin area so I got them to bring up some Echo Clear media.

I replaced one of the 1252 filter tanks with Anthracite and the other 1252 tank with Echo Clear. 

 

Moved to the pool filter and emptied out the sand, and replaced with 2 grades of Echo Clear.

 

Hopefully they'll both outlast me. 🙂

The Echo Clear glass looks very similar to the bubbles in our aquaponics Bubble Bead Filter, but jagged and not spherical.

 

Bottle Glass.jpg

Plate glass.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bagwain said:

 

Bottle Glass.jpg

Plate glass.jpg

Yes recycled plate glass used. 

Thanks to you knowledge and posts I made sure it was what you recommended.

I was going to buy it off you because you have been so helpful, but someone bringing it up to the area to do some jobs somewhere else, changed my mind. Thanks again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Bagwain said:

Whereabouts are you?

Kalasin province on the way to Mukdahan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, carlyai said:

Kalasin province on the way to Mukdahan.

I am on my way up there in coming days.

Have a customer to meet to build a pool.

Amphoe Kuchinara.

Just waiting on the Immigration photo to be done for W/P!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Bagwain said:

I am on my way up there in coming days.

Have a customer to meet to build a pool.

Amphoe Kuchinara.

Just waiting on the Immigration photo to be done for W/P!

I'll have to come and say hello. It's not a liner pool at a restaurant by any chance?

Anyway, tell me when and I'll pop by and say hello. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, carlyai said:

I'll have to come and say hello. It's not a liner pool at a restaurant by any chance?

Anyway, tell me when and I'll pop by and say hello. 🙂

I wouldn't do a liner pool! 55555💩

 

8 X 4 with Jacuzzi in PebbleCrete For an ex UK Navy chap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2020 at 9:27 AM, Bagwain said:

I wouldn't do a liner pool! 55555💩

 

8 X 4 with Jacuzzi in PebbleCrete For an ex UK Navy chap.

I follow you but never get your post notifications.

Why I asked about the type of pool you are going to put in is because this guy in K uchinari was talking about putting a pool in, but he was talking about a liner pool....not for me also.

Give us a yell when you get here and I'll see if he wants to meet you to talk about his proposed pool.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...