Opening Thailand to tourism: STV arrivals delayed until 25 Oct - after  Vegetarian Festival

webfact

I don't suppose they'll offer refunds to all they people they've just screwed over. This is incompetence and stupidity beyond belief. Not to mention borderline fraud.

I should be happy that the Thai Long Stay Company never even acknowledged my email. Maybe I didn't sound gullible enough to be conned.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

1200 a month was the target.  Was that a CBF?   If you don't know what a CBF is it's a Chrystal Ball Forecast. Most commonly used for TAT forecasts regarding tourist numbers.

I thought that CBF stood for

Constant Brain Fart

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, charmonman said:

I don't suppose they'll offer refunds to all they people they've just screwed over. This is incompetence and stupidity beyond belief. Not to mention borderline fraud.

I should be happy that the Thai Long Stay Company never even acknowledged my email. Maybe I didn't sound gullible enough to be conned.

"The government will not offer them any refunds for flights, accommodation, insurance, and other fees they already paid for the Special Tourist Visas, or STV, since the delay is not officially considered as a cancellation of the policy. 

“It’s part of the conditions of the STV that they had to pay first,” Tourism Authority of Thailand governor Yuthasak Supasorn said by phone. “So, there’s no need for those refunds, because their trip is not cancelled, it’s just delayed.” " Khaosod

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

1200 a month was the target.  Was that a CBF?   If you don't know what a CBF is it's a Chrystal Ball Forecast. Most commonly used for TAT forecasts regarding tourist numbers.

Two TLA s in this post!

Because there are not many who want STV. All friends telling me they wouldn't go in quarantine. Me neither.

So, stop the quarantine and I am back and many more also.

Also, covid19 is mainly a deadly desease for the older ones.

Thai officials are really feared to much of such covid19, but up them.

More than 99 percent recover from covid, they couldnt smell or taste for a while and some cough. Bam, that was all after around 10 days. 

Edited by thaibestlover

6 hours ago, Rancid said:

Hmm, assuming these Chinese tourists are actually locked up for 2 weeks what difference does it make what festival is going on outside.

now, now, you're applying logic, common sense and reality to the situation, that's simply not acceptable.

Funny to see again how Thai officials look for crazy excuses in order to save their faces. Lucky them that there's that festival at the right time:)

This is all about something deeper, political. Chinese can de facto NOT travel outside of China now, so I guess the Chinese government intervened in some way. If that happened to those few very privileged business people, one just can guess how super far China is from allowing "Normal" people to travel abroad. My guess is that the status quo for the Chinese won`t be lifted before the Chinese NY 2021.

2 hours ago, charmonman said:

"The first group of 300 (or only 150?) Chinese tourists and businessmen from Guangzhou, scheduled to arrive on the southern island today, will not permitted to travel. It’s been reported in Khaosod English that the Thai government won’t offer them refunds for accommodation, insurance, flights, along with any other costs they had incurred so far to obtain their STVs"

So the 150 so called (GENUINE) CHINESE TOURISTS will have to change their plans  and maybe go back to work till Thailand tell them to get ready to fly? 5555????????

Or is it really a scam? 

What about the Flowers and Fruit festivals? They are coming soon 5555.

How such festival affects the 150 individuals who were going to stay indoors for 2 weeks?????????????????

2 hours ago, charmonman said:

I doubt that anyone was screwed over.

I suspect the flight and luxury detention cells were made available, and they expected to have them fully booked by the great day of the arrival.

But nobody booked.

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Opening Thailand to tourism: STV arrivals delayed until 25 Oct - after  Vegetarian Festival

Wow! Putting tourism on hold because of the Vegetarian festival. But the Chinese tourists are going to be locked in a room for two weeks. Tested multiple times. And will be cleared by the time they are released from quarantine. What are they scared of?

All of this was a scam.  Too little shown interest and typical Thai finding excuses. 

They are too arrogant to reduce the rules and so they rather just wait until a vaccine is available.  They feel they are in a good position and they dont care about the poor.  

11 hours ago, charmonman said:

Well it looks like they did reply to me but Yahoo Mail is such a great service that they actually classify direct replies to your own emails as spam! My apologies to the Thai Long Stay Company but I still think this whole STV thing is a scam.

• Like 1

is one more fortune teller , too difficult to understand no one come in thailand till this policies no will be cancel? covid its no a business nobody bring the family here for stay 14 days in quarantine in gestapo mode, or 100.000 usd for insurance