Just when you thought it was over -- more road disruption

Trujillo

The Maejo Road where it hits the Superhighway (the new underpass) is now closed for turning in the Maya direction and closed heading to Central Festival from the Maya direction (surface road). 

This is courtesy of the power company. 

You'd think this major work could have been done when they were totally ripping up and creating the underpass, but no. Makes you wonder who is in charge of planning over there. 

1326568155_Intersectionconstruction(2).thumb.jpg.e96eeb3dd8a96de5511bd8003b16ed1f.jpg

1120931306_Intersectionconstruction(1).thumb.jpg.f01beeff29eb53ee9dd7a9e9cd02d006.jpg

• Like 1

The fact that the PEA work currently involves the Theppanya interchange is merely a small part of the project which has been blocking parts of the frontage road from Khuan Sing all year. Apart from peak times the traffic flow is not badly affected but if possible it is wise to take and alternative route.

• Like 1

"Absolutely nothing unusual about the road.  Now about the op is another issue."

Nothing unusual about the road other than a giant 3 meter hole and massive re-routing; you hardly noticed, I guess. 

Don't know what the "other issue," might be; care to explain? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rwill said:

In my experience this is pretty normal throughout Thailand.  Specially around this time of the year when they are trying to spend all their budget money.

Spot on, not only in CM.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Trujillo said:

"Absolutely nothing unusual about the road.  Now about the op is another issue."

Nothing unusual about the road other than a giant 3 meter hole and massive re-routing; you hardly noticed, I guess. 

Don't know what the "other issue," might be; care to explain? 

Holes in the road and rerouting are common, not unusual.  5 posts above concur.

What is unusual is your finding it to be unusual and worthy of comment.

"giant hole, massive rerouting" oh your dramatization skills need an upgrade for successful trolling

18 hours ago, brommers said:

Apart from peak times the traffic flow is not badly affected

Agree from my daily pass thru that intersection.

My point (and you might show me the quote where I said this was "unusual") is that this construction project was just recently finished, in terms of massive roadworks, and yet they couldn't plan competently at the time that they would need to put in giant power cables (and whatever else that is). 

What I wrote was: "You'd think this major work could have been done when they were totally ripping up and creating the underpass, but no. Makes you wonder who is in charge of planning over there."

Again, please show me where I said this was "unusual." 

And by the way, why flame troll me? What's your point? Everyone here is allowed the freedom to post, within the forum rules, their sentiments on issues. 

I think you should look at the top of the page and click the following link: "Are you in Thailand and feeling low? Need someone to talk to? Help is at hand."

33 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

Again, please show me where I said this was "unusual." 

If you did not consider it unusual why would you start a thread about it.  If it was normal no comment is necessary.  

40 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

"Are you in Thailand and feeling low? Need someone to talk to? Help is at hand."

Take your own advice.

On 10/9/2020 at 9:32 AM, Dante99 said:

If you did not consider it unusual why would you start a thread about it.  If it was normal no comment is necessary.  

Why not, did it hurt your feelings?

Move along if your feelers get riled with what others post.