STV: Worldwide interest is low - and few Elite Card holders keen to return

webfact

2 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

A C19 test before departure, a C19 test after arrival and quarantine at home would make the whole thing easier. The sparked paperwork and the bureaucratic monster created, definitely do not bring any tourist numbers that would be necessary to revive the sector. 

In other words: a flop

That would work for those who are staying in Thailand and want to return home but does not address the tourist who may want to come for a holiday. 

They probably want to cage up the visitors in a hotel as they have no other system of checking them on a regular basis and they won’t trust anyone to quarantine at home such is their deep rooted paranoia. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Of these, 924 were from east Asia, 229 from ASEAN/South Asia/Pacific and 462 from Europe. 

So they have 500 (2 plane loads) from Europe and yet its seems no one I talk to who has applied has even gotten a confirmation of receiving their email request.

I have no problems with the hoops, its the inability to deliver thats my main issue. 

oh gov lying again what a surprise.its real simple we of any experience are very familiar with the thai govts continual racist rip offs,respect people and guess what they will respond in a favourable manner ,as it is thais dont need to test free of covid to sit by you on an incoming plane.insurance what a scam that is.thais dont need it and if we enter ,have quarantine,pass another 2 tests we are the same as everyone else so ins is moot.apply some logic to the process and quite your mindless racist greed

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, charmonman said:

Sort of glad to hear I'm not the only one they can't even bother to respond to.

So which of the unwanted countries are you from (along with the other guy), USA, UK?  I hardly think they want to hear from people who live in places where wearing a mask and social distancing is a problem... 

• Sad 2