STV: Worldwide interest is low - and few Elite Card holders keen to return

webfact

On 10/8/2020 at 2:02 PM, MRToMRT said:

Can you share some info with us on that? For those of who had no contact from them after submitting passport copy, what happens next?

They told me they are only issuing STV visas to citizens of "low risk" countries. I am from a "medium risk" country so I'll have to wait. They say my passport copy has been forwarded to Thai immigration where I'm sure it will sit unopened. I expect the rules will change again in a few weeks time in any case. I have no idea how they decide which countries are low, medium or high risk. Canada has the same daily case numbers per million as Denmark or Holland for example but the Danes and Dutch are supposedly eligible and Canadians are not.

I know very little outside that, and some of what I know I am very unsure of. Why they got back to me and not to your email is impossible to say.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, charmonman said:

They told me they are only issuing STV visas to citizens of "low risk" countries. I am from a "medium risk" country so I'll have to wait. They say my passport copy has been forwarded to Thai immigration where I'm sure it will sit unopened. I expect the rules will change again in a few weeks time in any case. I have no idea how they decide which countries are low, medium or high risk. Canada has the same daily case numbers per million as Denmark or Holland for example but the Danes and Dutch are supposedly eligible and Canadians are not.

I know very little outside that, and some of what I know I am very unsure of. Why they got back to me and not to your email is impossible to say.

Thanks! Have to admit I less than impressed with longstay (not to mention the gov debacle on this) over this so far. I have given up on it and now will try the retirement visa route.