Elderly American expat falls to his death in Chiang Mai 

webfact

Elderly American expat falls to his death in Chiang Mai 

6pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Police on Wednesday were called to an area behind an apartment block in Suthep sub district in Chiang Mai after the body of an 85 year old man was discovered.

Police said the man had injuries consistent with fall. 

In the man’s 7th floor apartment, police found the window open and no signs of a struggle.

The man’s 33 year old wife, told officers they had been married 10 years and described her husband as lively, good tempered and suffered from no health conditions.

She said that after waking up she had proceeded to the next door room the couple had bought to act as an art studio for work.

At noon she was informed what had happened to her husband. He had been alone in the room next door. 

She said that she thought her husband may have fallen while cleaning the windows or that he could have fainted. 

She said he was a very active guy who regularly did his own cleaning. Explaining why he had removed his glasses she said that he may have got something in his eye whilst cleaning.

Police said they are still investigating the man’s death, whose body has been sent for an autopsy. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-10-08

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

She has the answer for everything, like the Police ,plus it's always mentioned

"no signs of a struggle." so if you want to commit the perfect murder just

tidy the room up after you...

regards Worgeordie

From what I gather from the write up even Inspector Clouseau could solve this case.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Explaining why he had removed his glasses she said that he may have got something in his eye whilst cleaning.

Not see nothing and take off glasses, if nothing to hide just say i dont know! Start cleaning window, yeah all older man take young thai woman that he can do also that one! Is there some cleaning "stuff" close or out of window also!

Edited by 2 is 1

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

85 year old guy with 33 year old wife.

(married when she was 23 and he was 75)

He was certainly living the dream before his unfortunate fall.

Possibly past his usefulness.. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, malibukid said:

it would be interesting to see the Will, suspicious since most Thai woman under 35 do not like older farang men. your done once your over 50, not like in other countries. 

What a load of old <deleted>!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, PJPom said:

Let’s all jump to conclusions as usual, we should add another one, maybe it was his decision, R I P old fellow...

If it was his decision

wouldn't be clever to act when the wife was outside in a public place

like a market or whatever and not just alone in the room beside, then she will be out of 

suspicion in the murd.... errr i mean suicide ?

In case of suicide, he should also left a letter explaining the reasons

sometimes the loved ones want to know the reasons and it helps the police

to find the truth

Edited by kingofthemountain

something doesn't ad up ... but she ( the wife )  has it all covered. She went next door to the studio room in the morning ... then it was presumed he fell at around 12.00 noon, so she didn't bother to yell out to him or check on him between morning and 12.00 noon, no would you like a cup of tea dear or anything  ??   I'm not buying this one bit ....     this is so suspicious ... imo

too many answers from she !!   many gaps here and if I were the police I would be extremely suspicious ....  folks don't go around falling out of their own apartment windows.

Edited by steven100
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, tubby johnson said:

CSI Thaivisa is warming up already.

Case solved before 5pm today.

Chiang Mai Clue:
Hungry ghosts did it in the art studio with a bottle of glass cleaner. 

All kidding aside, RIP.  85? 33 year old wife?  Sounds like a pretty good run.

• Haha 1