Hard mattress but cheap mattress, what is inside ? Foam ? Local shops ?

SePl

hello, when looking for a cheap mattress but a hard one, do you know what is inside the ones sold by local shops ?

The best hard mattresses are 100% rubber but they are expensive. Can you confirm that the ones in hotels are rubber ? or what is this ?

I do not want springs or anything similar.

What kind of hard mattress can you find ? Is there a rock hard foam ? Or what else do the local shops use in their cheap mattresses? Are they durable ?

Thank you.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

When you get into the bed, the mattress remembers you from the pervious night 

And so if you decide to sleep on your other side, or turn over in the night, what happens.

And at my age I do not get many PERVIOUS nights anymore!  lol

Edited by stouricks
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, stouricks said:

And so if you decide to sleep on your other side, or turn over in the night, what happens.

And at my age I do not get many PERVIOUS nights anymore!  lol

The mattress remembers your every move , it remembers what time to went to sleep and what time you woke up , it also remembers whether you had a boom-boom or not 

• Haha 2

The ex bought one once when it was on sale and using her employee discount.   I was a little skeptical at first as I nearly felt like I was sleeping on the second floor due to the thickness of the thing.    It  was long way to the floor when I woke up in the morning.

I came to love the mattress and wish I had it back today.

• Haha 1

Search for this on Google image search: ที่นอนใยมะพร้าว

These types of mattresses are probably the cheapest ones, and usually very hard. Coconut fibers in the middle, covered by a thin foam layer.

• Like 2

After a long time suffering on Thai matrasses in rent condos …., I bought a Dunloppilo latex matrass , and I still remember the first moment after Home pro delivered the very heavy thing ….. I just lied down on it …. and said to myself   I don't go out for a few nights, just enjoy sleeping  ….. " it's like sleeping on a cloud " ????

Recommended !

Afbeelding(15).jpg

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SePl said:

i said no springs. Cheap springs mattresses are krap.

That is why they are selling now those top up covers ......but they shift on the bed when moving when you sleep .... is an imitation for latex mattress

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SePl said:

i said no springs. Cheap springs mattresses are krap.

who said anything about cheap? Mine consists of 5,000 mini springs, imported from the UK and was nowhere near cheap. Wonderful mattress. 

https://www.buttonandsprung.com/pocket-sprung-mattresses/?gclid=CjwKCAjwlID8BRAFEiwAnUoK1btmncTlghGuXKHJpXgSIYSO03sYuUJfkYWYXR2L0TL_wk8R3eP1FxoCdbIQAvD_BwE

Edited by Pilotman
  • Haha 1

Thai coconut fiber mattress are pretty good, if you want a very firm mattress and cheap, that's the way to go. I've slept on many over the years. I have back issues and prefer very firm mattress. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2020 at 3:45 PM, Pattaya46 said:

Hard and cheap mattress ?

Don't use a mattress! Just buy one of these "top up" for mattress. (about 5-7 cm thick)

It's what I did last 2 years, and I slept very well ????

so it means that you could sleep directly on soil.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/8/2020 at 10:22 PM, david555 said:

After a long time suffering on Thai matrasses in rent condos …., I bought a Dunloppilo latex matrass , and I still remember the first moment after Home pro delivered the very heavy thing ….. I just lied down on it …. and said to myself   I don't go out for a few nights, just enjoy sleeping  ….. " it's like sleeping on a cloud " ????

Recommended !

Afbeelding(15).jpg

Lazada also have  Dunlopillo toppers which are also very good

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

Lazada also have  Dunlopillo toppers which are also very good

How many you would need to make it 25 cm. like the mattress ....?

x times price , but maybe  no need anymore for mattress with 2 above each other on a wooden bottom  ? 

could be a money saver ????

As my Dunloppilo is heavy as lead to handle (can not turn over anyway as only 1 side to sleep on , as bottom rock-hard .

• Haha 1