Trump, positive for COVID-19, says won't participate in virtual debate

snoop1130

17 minutes ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

Last time was a bit different don't you agree? Nobody knew what liar he is.

Last time was very different, he's an incumbent now....it's proven to be hard to beat a sitting president in any election.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Last time was very different, he's an incumbent now....it's proven to be hard to beat a sitting president in any election.

Yes, normally. 

But there is nothing about the current president or the situation in the U.S. that is normal now. 

He's going to lose. You can take that to the bank. But again, he may still stay in power.

If that happens, the American experiment in democracy is finished. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Pence can't pardon him for state crimes. His motivation to stay in power is what you suggest. To stay out of prison and promote his finances. He has no interest whatsoever in helping the American people. It's well documented that he ran the first time to promote his BRAND and never expected to actually win. He's a total disgrace and it's also obvious that he's heavily compromised by both Russia and Turkey. The enemy of the people is not the press. It's him. 

I still think he will win, we will see in just a few weeks.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Fine. But we're both on record. But the definition of winning is actually winning. Not declaring victory on election night to suppress counting mail in votes, getting republican state legislatures to vote contrary to their people, etc. So staying in power and losing is not winning. I'm not predicting he will leave office. I'm predicting he is going to lose based on the votes, nationally and state, but may still in a fascist manner stay in power. 

hard to say.  appears he's lost interest in the governing part, only going thru with the election for "winning."

i doubt the tax fraud investigations will amount to much.  he still has millions to spend on his stable of high-priced lawyers.  at 74, he can draw the case(s) out for another decade.

but he has an out now.  if the polls continue to drop, he can simply feign a relapse, and withdraw for health reasons.

........an' i would'a won, too, if it weren't for that meddlin' viris!

• Haha 2