Trump, positive for COVID-19, says won't participate in virtual debate

snoop1130

4 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Yeah.......American democracy at work.

So much for "having the best democracy in the world".

It's not a "democracy", it's a democratic Republic. The president is not elected by popular vote. The founding fathers were wise.

Google can expand on that if interested.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's not a "democracy", it's a democratic Republic. The president is not elected by popular vote. The founding fathers were wise.

If it's not a democracy, the politicians and the people sure do talk a lot about it.

Do you think that they are all ignorant of the facts?

Is the US Democratic Republic like the Peoples Democratic Republic of North Korea? Or, more like the old German Democratic Republic, also known as East Germany?

Edited by KarenBravo

5 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

If it's not a democracy, the politicians and the people sure do talk a lot about it.

Do you think that they are all ignorant of the facts?

Is the US Democratic Republic like the Peoples Democratic Republic of North Korea? Or, more like the old German Democratic Republic, also known as East Germany?

I'm sure that you can look it up on google. All your questions will be answered.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ukrules said:

Last time was very different, he's an incumbent now....it's proven to be hard to beat a sitting president in any election.

It's true but now Trump is sitting on the floor it's different ????

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Pence can't pardon him for state crimes. His motivation to stay in power is what you suggest. To stay out of prison and promote his finances. He has no interest whatsoever in helping the American people. It's well documented that he ran the first time to promote his BRAND and never expected to actually win. He's a total disgrace and it's also obvious that he's heavily compromised by both Russia and Turkey. The enemy of the people is not the press. It's him. 

I don't know that it was ever really about the 'brand', I am sure that's now it's about ego.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Quite right, IMO, to decline to do a remote debate. Who would know if a certain debater was being "assisted" with a teleprompter?

Only if you somehow imagine this will not be monitored by the debate committee.

5 minutes ago, Morch said:

I don't know that it was ever really about the 'brand', I am sure that's now it's about ego.

Oh come on. Aren't they completely connected? The brand after all is his name. It would be like if Bill Gates had called Microsoft -- Gates -- which actually isn't such a bad name considering Windows.

19 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Oh come on. Aren't they completely connected? The brand after all is his name. It would be like if Bill Gates had called Microsoft -- Gates -- which actually isn't such a bad name considering Windows.

I don't know that he differentiates the 'brand' from his ego. It's one and the same, IMO. With the ego shifting gears.

18 hours ago, impulse said:

I love the idea of enforcing the rules of the debate.  Turn off one guy's microphone during the other guy's 2 minutes.  Then let 'em rip at each other for 2 more minutes before the next question.

Of course, you can only do that if they're not within earshot of each other.

Precisely why Trump won't participate and he has actually said that the fact that they could mute him means he won't do it.  Doesn't suit his bully boy image when he can't shout down his opposition.