Properties For Sale by Banks and Others

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Numerous banks and asset manager BAM have a large display of properties, condos, houses, buildings, and vacant land, for sale in Central Festival Mall in central Pattaya. Attached are a few photos of

Interesting   the fact that the bank gives this public shows of bad the things are at the moment usually the real bargain are shared only between the ''happy few'' they have probab

Interesting.     Per Hipflat, Emerald Palace has 79 units and there are 22 bank owned listings in your photo above...and that’s just one bank.  I wonder if any other banks have any from that bu

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, Pravda said:

This is nothing new and prices are terrible. All the banks have the properties listed online for years. 

One would expect the banks to be keen to get them off their books, they aren't realtors, Are they limited to what is owed on the property or fixated on an inflated value? Did they originally lend too much on the property? 

• Like 1

All the banks have had this options at least the last 20 years since i came here, some of their websites this section does not get translated to English, Thai only.

The prices have never been great in general, however, there was one time i was looking about 7 years ago the Bank of Ayudhyah had some condos at 2,3,4 hundred thousand which at the time for these condos was fantastic pricing, but not my thing :-(, cant see much in the way of bargains now.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

One would expect the banks to be keen to get them off their books, they aren't realtors, Are they limited to what is owed on the property or fixated on an inflated value? Did they originally lend too much on the property? 

It seems the banks in Thailand own a lot of lands and real estate

with no any limit, the value is overpriced and included in the counts

then the banks can show good numbers and offer a lot of loans ''guaranted''

by the valor of these ''assets''.

All is fine untill the s h i t hit the fan

if the bubble explode (And the corona crisis could be the bomb)

a lot of banks could be showed as they are, empty shells involved

in a sort of legal Ponzi scheme

• Like 1