corona around forever

3NUMBAS

On 10/15/2020 at 2:01 PM, oldhippy said:

I think this is a good time to ask questions about the need for all that material "welfare" that we got used to.

that will be quantified in statistics of domestic violence,

suicide and so forth

Edited by scammed
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

People already don't accept the "rules". That will only become more widespread, IMO, if they keep trying to lockdown.

They can try, but IMO will fail to make us lockdown indefinitely.

Targeted lockdowns means only locking down a particular area or institution.   If people follow public health protocols, large scale lockdowns should not be necessary.  

Researches continue to learn more about the virus, including it's viability in various situations.   The more we know, the easier it is to prevent lockdowns, but it still requires the cooperation of the population.

11 hours ago, Credo said:

Targeted lockdowns means only locking down a particular area or institution.   If people follow public health protocols, large scale lockdowns should not be necessary.  

Researches continue to learn more about the virus, including it's viability in various situations.   The more we know, the easier it is to prevent lockdowns, but it still requires the cooperation of the population.

The point I was making was that IMO the more people are restricted, the more likely they are to rebel. IMO a lot of new cases were caused when lockdown ended and thousands mingled as so happy to escape imprisonment in their own homes. Had they gone for no lockdown, but masks and social distancing from the start, they might have avoided the second wave, in my opinion.