Pattaya: Another little girl savaged by soi dog: "Do something" mum pleads - they're breeding fast

webfact

Pattaya: Another little girl savaged by soi dog: "Do something" mum pleads - they're breeding fast

8pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Nong Prue municipality official Wanchai Saenngam went to Soi Patanakan 15 to meet a distraught mother. 

Patcharin, 32, was cradling her four year old daughter Rawadee who had seven stitches.

The mother said that she was taking her little one to her K1 class when a soi dog ran up and attacked her cheek.

There was a lot of blood in the vicious attack. 

She implored the official to get rid of an ever increasing pack of dogs in the area. 

Wanchai said he would act fast. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-10-09

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Is this repeated in many places?

There seems to be a few more round my area since the Wuflu debacle started , I think quite a few may have  been left behind after the "owner"  lost their jobs and went home  to the "sticks"

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Few weeks ago at night I counted 21 hanging about at the entrance to our moo bahan, imagine trying to go for a walk past them!

It's the final nail in Thailand's coffin for me.The dogs spoil the experience,knowing that there will be even more will definitely mean I won't be back.

• Like 2

Almost all Thai want haddle this problem, and nobody has any issue to kill soi dogs!

Buddhism or not, problem is its agains law to kill those ! So chance the law!

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Is this repeated in many places?

From the end of beach road in Na Jomtien, starting after Pu Pen until the Police Station and going up Soi 4 to Sukhumvit, the whole area is extremely populated by Soi dogs. This at least provoked a test of our cars ABS (works !) to avoid collision with a suicidal one once in the evening.

They linger around in front of Family Marts, 7/11s and nobody seems to care. I am actually sorry for these animals but feel at the same time that this is a situation that cannot be left as is.

Edited by moogradod
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Elkski said:

Thailand needs to change. 

All dogs need  shots and collars with collars on and  tags of proof.   No free roaming dogs allowed.  Kill all these wild ones now. 

Would you be available for the cull?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, moogradod said:

From the end of beach road in Na Jomtien, starting after Pu Pen

They have actually put a sign up there saying not to feed the animals

not that it will make any difference the dogs beg for scraps from the restaurants big increase in numbers there since the virus debacle.

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I agree, I went to Pattaya City Hall after I was bitten, had a meeting with the top guy whose responsible with a couple of side kicks, they feigned interest and did FA, dog is still there last time I passed. They just don't take the problem seriously. Maybe time for people to take it into their own hands

It will probably get to that point.  Just wondering, what would be the charge, and sentence, for farang killing a soi dog?  Anyone know of any precedent for this?  For sure there will be extortion money to pay.  

I seem to remember some drug crazed farang stabbing or beating a dog some time ago.  Don't know what happened to him.  

A couple years ago I was staying at a place in Thailand near the ocean, I had 3 soi dogs chase

me out of a new housing development that was sitting idle. I went to a hardware type store and bought supplies, and some cheap meat at a market, then went back and fed the dogs and seen where they

slept, so left them some dog chews as well. I went back 3 days later and they were all right where

I had seen them last. I drug them into the near by woods where the forest creatures took care of

them and my own problem was solved. Thailand has way to many stray dogs for anyone to feel

that just spaying and neutering them all will be the correct way to end the over population of

dogs.

Geezer

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

Almost all Thai want haddle this problem, and nobody has any issue to kill soi dogs!

Buddhism or not, problem is its agains law to kill those ! So chance the law!

What LAW??????